Curriculum Area Learning Supervisor-PE (Hednesford Valley High School)
Curriculum Area Learning Supervisor – PE (Term Time Only). To start 7th June 2021
Salary Grade 5 – Actual Starting Salary: £17,029 per annum
37 hours per week :
Mon - 8.30 to 4.30 pm
Tues - 8.30 to 5.00 pm
Wed - 8.30 to 4.30 pm
Thur - 8.30 to 4.30 pm
Fri - 8.30 to 3.30 pm
This is an exciting new opportunity for an outstanding Curriculum Area Learning Supervisor to join the team at Hednesford Valley High.
The roles involve working alongside an outstanding PE teacher to support the delivery of the curriculum and to run a club at lunchtime and work in clubs after school and support the collection and ordering of resources in the department.
We require a flexible and creative individual. Who:-
- Has very good numeracy/literacy skills equivalent to GCSE C and above.
- Experience of working in a school.
- Has NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or recognized equivalent qualification.
- Has excellent communication skills with students, parents/carers and professionals.
- Can use ICT to support and enhance teaching and learning.
- Enjoys physical exercise.
- Can act as Cover Supervisor during the absence of teaching staff.
- This person will occasionally be involved in supporting students with their personal care if required.
- Has a passionate commitment to raising the attainment of all students in a special school.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively with others.
- This role can change to work across the school/sites with other student groups if required.
We offer you: -
* A strong motivated team
* Excellent training opportunities and a mentor to support you.
Hednesford Valley High is a good generic secondary special school with a split site provision. Students in Year 7-11 are based at the Hednesford Valley High, Stanley Road Site, and students in Years 12-14 are based in E block at Cannock Chase High. The school caters for a wide range of students, many with more than one area of SEN. All staff are totally committed to providing excellent teaching and learning to empower students to become independent citizens of the world.
To apply for this position please download an application pack from our school website www.hvh.staffs.sch.uk and return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is 10:00 am on Monday 1st March 2021.
Deadline for applications: 10:00 am on 01/03/2021
Contact details: Louise Fox
Tel: 01543 423714