Social Care Worker
We are seeking a Social Care Practitioner to join our Hospital Teams within Warwickshire, Posts available at St Cross Hospital Rugby and George Eliot Hospital Social Care Teams.
Our teams also operates county wide and has bases in South of the County- Warwick, North Warwickshire, Rugby and Bedworth and teams comprises of Social Care Practitioners and Social Workers.
Due to COVID 19 Pandemic & wider government and Local Authority guidelines and restrictions , you will initially be working from home until reviewed ,however, this role is hospital based and when it is safe to do so, the team will be office based at George Eliot Hospital and St Cross Social Care Teams respectively.
You will be required to work with a variety of customers from 18 years and above who come into our acute and community hospitals. These include people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health, carers and their families and other professionals.
You will be required to undertake outcome focused assessments, support planning and reviews. Focusing on strengths, you will enable customers to identify outcomes, meet their full potential and maximise their independence.
As a strong team player, you will be required to contribute to the development and promotion of the Hospital Teams, using imaginative, creative and innovative ways of meeting the support needs of adults and their carers.
The roles require applicants to be able to work under pressure within hospital setting and discharge customers promptly.
- Driver Licence Essential for the role as you will be expected to complete reviews post discharge, some reviews might include going to customer’s homes where appropriate.
- Be able to work 5 days over 7 days, to support a streamline service and support timely discharges. The hospital teams currently work one weekend in 4 (4 weekly Rota). Candidates should be prepared to work weekends
- To work closely with the Multidisciplinary Health & Social Care team
- To participate fully in the duties of the team, including team meetings and other meetings determined by the Team Leader and/or Operations Manager.
- Hospital Social Care Experience will be desirable- practitioners should be willing to learn within a fast-paced environment.
- In Warwickshire, we use the Mosaic IT System- Knowledge of Mosaic will be desirable but training will be provided.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further information about the role please contact Hiring managers Tippy Khumalo 07717851185 email@example.com or Kay Fitzpatrick 07717808404 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 28th February 2021
Interview dates: 17th and 18th March 2021
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com,including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your emails on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By 'minimum criteria' we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application form which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce and would particularly welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from the BAME community, disabled people and people from the LGBT+ Community.