Role: Social Workers
Location: Burton upon Trent
Salary: Grade 9 - £32,234 -£36,992 per annum
Working Pattern: 37 Hours per week | Permanent | Full time | Flexible working – happy to discuss options
We’re a great bunch here in Burton safeguarding and we’re looking for qualified Social Workers to come and work with us to make our team even better! We work together across the different teams well, sharing best practice and our knowledge and experience to continually improve the way we do things. We also deal with some issues you might not in other areas, such as forced marriage and child exploitation and so joining our team will give you a complete view of all subjects that social work touches on.
We work in a localised and coordinated way to ensure families receive the right help at the right time and as a team we bring together a full range of front-line services to help us deliver for children, young people and their families. Our safeguarding teams are all about early intervention and providing specialist services for children and young people with acute needs, including situations where there are child protection concerns. By joining one of these teams you would be playing a crucial role in delivering positive outcomes for the children and families of Burton.
As Social Worker in our Safeguarding teams you’ll be:
- Undertaking initial visits, child social work assessments and S47 enquiries
- Managing child in need and child protection plans and direct work with children
- Care proceedings work and some work with looked after children
Making sure you are well supported and given the opportunity to develop and progress is a high priority at Staffordshire. Whether that’s taking steps to develop your management skills; sitting on a fostering panel or working with the Youth Offending Team we want you to gain varied and valuable experience here at Staffordshire.
How we work
As part of our transformation we have embedded a new, restorative practice model which our current staff feel is proving to be very effective. Restorative approaches are widely accepted as being a highly successful way of achieving better outcomes for our children, young people and their families.
- A qualified Social Worker, ideally with a minimum of 12 months post qualification experience
- Be registered with Social Work England
- You’ll have a full UK driving licence and your own vehicle to be able to get to all your children easily
You’ll be someone who finds talking to children and their families comes naturally and that you’re able to build relationships with those children and families to be able to work with them effectively.
Our people are central to everything we do and so we’ll make sure you’re well supported and given the opportunity to develop and progress. We‘ve also recently launched our new aspiring team managers programme and you can find out more about this on our website https://www.childrenssocialcarecareers.co.uk/
We’ve created a supportive working environment here at Staffordshire County Council because we recognise the benefits of enabling our employees to achieve their full potential whilst enjoying a healthy work-life balance. We’ve achieved this by offering more flexible working practices and supplying the tools and equipment to enable more smart and agile working.
And here’s just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: Friday 26 February 2021
Interview Date: Following application we’ll contact you to arrange asap
For more information about the role, an informal discussion or should you have any requirements to assist you in applying for this role please contact: email@example.com
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here