Chief Executive Officer
Penk Valley Academy Trust was established on 1st April 2018, following two years as a federation. We currently have seven schools in South Staffordshire delivering excellent education to children aged 2-19.
Our mission to inspire learning and in order to make this a reality we:
• Invest in our people
• Invest in a designed offer
• Invest in quality
Due to the retirement of our current Chief Executive Officer this summer there is an excellent opportunity for someone new to take over the reins and lead this strong and successful Trust into the next phase of its journey.
It is an exciting time to join as we plan the next steps for Penk Valley Academy Trust. Steps that are bold, progressive and imaginative and result in better educational opportunities and outcomes for children. The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate empathy for the values and ambitions of the Trust. A full Person Specification and Job Description can be found in the Recruitment Pack.
The core purpose of the Chief Executive Officer is:
• To lead the strategic and operational management of Penk Valley Academy Trust, including school development, marketing, communication and logistics
• To develop and approve strategies to meet all stakeholder needs
• To be responsible for the overall success of the Trust and its schools and for making top-level managerial decisions that affect the Trust’s direction and its employees
As Chief Executive Officer you will have the gravitas and credibility to challenge constructively whilst working collaboratively with seven expert Headteachers, a dedicated Executive Team and a supportive and skilled Board of Trustees. You will be given the ability to develop both medium- and long-term strategies that will have a significant positive impact on our community of students, staff and families.
To find out more and to apply please download the following from the ‘Vacancies’ section of the Penk Valley Academy Trust website:
• Chief Executive Officer Recruitment Pack
• Application Form
Completed application forms must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 6pm Sunday 28 February 2021.
Further information is available in the Recruitment Pack: https://www.penkvalley.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Penk-Valley-Academy-Trust-CEO-Recruitment-Pack.pdf
• Applications close Sunday 28 February 2021
• Initial interviews w/c 8 March 2021
· Further interviews late March 2021
· Ideally the role will commence on or before 1 September 2021
Salary and Conditions
This is a flexible three-day-per-week post with a salary of £56,948 rising to £67,596 per annum.
We are pleased to offer up to £4,000 relocation fund if the successful applicant is required to move home over a distance of 50 miles to live closer to our central office.
To find out more about Penk Valley Academy Trust please visit www.penkvalley.co.uk