Business Partner (Procurement)
Dudley Council embrace our 6 values which should guide our behaviour and decision making to achieve our vision... we will be one council, building an effective and dynamic organisation. We expect you to embrace these values:
- Be determined
- Have empowerment and respect
- Strive for excellence
- Work together
We have three roles for experienced procurement professionals to work closely with different areas of the Council: Adults and Children’s Services; Public Realm, Housing and Regeneration; and Corporate. With a track record of working in partnership with services to deliver successful outcomes, you will bring innovation and drive to deliver high results.
More information on the Procurement Improvement Service please click the following link:
What you will do:
Build strong and lasting relationships with council Directors and senior officers to ensure that value for money is achieved through savings and social value.
Ensure Procurement supports delivery of the Council’s Corporate objectives in a compliant manner and to the highest possible professional standards.
Support the Head of Procurement in the leadership of the department and developing a modern and resilient, high quality, customer focused procurement service through implementing the Procurement Improvement Programme.
With a focus on defined directorates and categories of spend within the Council, build strong and lasting relationships with Council Directors and senior officers to ensure that value for money is achieved in the form of cashable and non-cashable savings and social value. This covers the whole lifecycle from identifying needs, developing and implementing procurement strategies through to managing contracts.
To lead and manage a team of 2-3 within the Procurement department ensuring the appropriate professional standards are continually delivered, staff development plans are in place and Procurement performance Indicators are achieved.
Contribute to developing and implementing a relevant and robust Procurement Strategy and Policies identifying innovative procurement opportunities.
What you will need to bring to the role:
Qualified to CIPS professional level or have extensive experience in a procurement discipline.
Demonstrable experience of leading significant procurement projects within a Local Government / complex political environment.
Demonstrable Procurement, Category Management and Commercial skills and expertise of delivering improvements and efficiencies.
Experience of identifying and delivering significant savings.
Experience of managing spend analysis and a contract register to identify opportunities.
Experience of leading a range of different complex procurement's including Competitive Dialogues and Negotiated Procedures.
You will also benefit from:
- A generous Local Government Pension
- Agile Working – supporting and promoting a positive work/life balance
Flexible Working – to include Agile Working (dependant on the needs of the service), Flexible Retirement
- Annual Leave – from 25 days up to 33 days (Plus Bank Holidays and 1 extra Statutory Day) Depending upon Salary and Length of Service
- Learning & Development / Apprenticeships – A varied offering of in-house and external learning interventions and professional development
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Counselling Service – In-house access for all with a variety of therapeutic approaches to suit the individual needs of each client
- Wellbeing – a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing
- Occupational Health – a service to support you to stay well at work, both physically and mentally
- Family Friendly Policies - Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Corporate Gym Membership – across Dudley Borough Leisure Centres
The Recruitment Process:
As part of the application form you will be required to upload 2 video review questions to assess your suitability for the role. You will have a total of up to 5 minutes per question, however please note you do not need to fill the full 5 minutes. (Refer to the attached document to view the questions in advance and prepare your response).
You will be able to record your answers using a PC/Laptop web cam, a mobile device or you can upload a pre-prepared video response. Please ensure:-
- You are set up in a quiet, well lit environment
- Have you laptop or device at eye level
- Try to minimise distractions
- Make sure your laptop or device is fully charged
- Take time to practice talking into the camera (prepare your answers before submitting)
- You will be able to re record your video responses as many times as you like before submitting your completed form
Shortlisting will be undertaken between the 1st to 5th March 2021.
Interviews will be conducted between the 15th to 25th March 2021 (these will be conducted via MS Teams, you will receive guidance so that you are able to prepare prior to your interview).
For further information contact Paul Norman via firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; WM Jobs If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
Video Response Questions