Job Title: Senior Practitioner
Location: ART & Safeguarding Team – Plough Lane, Hereford
Salary: £33,782 to £37,890
Closing date: 04.03.21
This is an exciting time to be working for Herefordshire Adults and Communities.
Within the ART and Safeguarding Team a great opportunity has arisen. We are looking for a person to take on the role of Senior Practitioner. The post holder will have significant experience of safeguarding and will be able to apply evidence based decision making during the triage process for all new safeguarding concerns that are presented to the team. Additionally we are wanting to develop Adult Safeguarding within Herefordshire and the new post holder will be a key part of this journey.
You may already have supervisory experience and are looking to make the next step. If you are a qualified social worker or occupational therapist, with relevant experience and registered with Social Work England or the Health and Care Professions Council, we would be keen to hear from you.
We want to enable risk and reward innovation as we embrace opportunities to integrate, develop and embed new approaches to how we deliver our services to the public.
This role will support the ART & Safeguarding Team and you will be based in Plough Lane in Hereford city centre.
You will have scope to practice alongside a variety of customer groups and a whole spectrum of people with health and social care needs, such as mental health, learning disability, physical disability, frailty and safeguarding. We will also support you to build and develop identified specialisms and maintain your professional development.
You will need a strong commitment to personalised and outcome focussed practice, with a sound knowledge base about adult social care, strong interpersonal and organisational skills, a developed understanding of social care practice, legislation and knowledge of incorporating community assets into service provision.
In return we will invest in you with regular supervision, a balanced workload, access to training and further career opportunities.
Senior Practitioners who join us will have immediate access to a wide range of knowledge and skills within established teams and plenty of opportunities for further professional training and development.
Herefordshire is a fantastic location to live and work, where you will find a beautiful and diverse rural county, rich in history awaits you.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• 25 days annual leave per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays and 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
• Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• A generous relocation package for eligible candidates.
• Provide access to a high quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice.
• Regular 1:1’s and development opportunities
• Payment of professional membership fees
• Provide the use of pool cars and bikes (terms and conditions apply)
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
• Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care
If you would like to discuss this job in more detail please contact Iain Maclean on 07792 882100.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to social distancing and infection controls currently in place we will contact you to discuss interview arrangements. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com