5 days left
St. Wilfrid’s Catholic Academy
"Love one another as I have loved you".
Queen’s Avenue, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent ST6 6EE
Telephone: 01782 235676
Required September 2021 or sooner if possible
Vice Principal, St. Wilfrid’s Catholic Academy NOR: 354
The Newman Catholic Collegiate working in partnership with the Archdiocese of Birmingham are seeking to appoint a Vice Principal whose leadership, commitment, passion and high expectations for all will contribute to our school. The Vice Principal will be an outstanding practitioner with a responsibility for key strategic areas linked to teaching and learning and curriculum.
This is an exciting opportunity for a practising Catholic who will have the vision, experience and leadership skills to assist the Principal in driving school improvement and raising standards. This position offers a unique opportunity to work as a member of a highly successful and supportive and Multi-Academy.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
• is a practising Catholic and is fully committed to the ethos and purpose of Catholic education;
• has a deep understanding of what constitutes effective teaching and learning;
• will work with the Principal to take a key role in the leadership and management of the school ensuring that academic performance is strong and aspirations are high;
• is determined that children develop as well-rounded, happy and confident individuals;
• is an excellent role model who can inspire the team of staff so that they have a sense of pride, accountability and mutual responsibility across the school;
• is committed to establishing strong links with parents and the community.
We can offer:
• enthusiastic, well-behaved children with a positive attitude to learning;
• friendly, hard - working and dedicated colleagues;
• opportunities for professional development;
• opportunities to develop as a member of the leadership team and shape the future of the school;
• supportive parents and governors.
Prospective applicants are positively encouraged to arrange a remote meeting to talk about the vacancy with the Principal and the Accounting Officer.
Salary Range L8-L12 (£50,397-£55,610) starting point to be negotiated depending on experience.
To request an application pack and arrange a remote meeting, please contact
Denise Lavelle (Academy Manager): 01782 235676;
Closing Date: Monday 8th March 2021
Interviews will be held: wb 15th March 2021
St Wilfrid’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All employees will be expected to undertake an enhanced check with the DBS.