Deputy Headteacher (Abbey Hulton Primary School)
Full time Deputy Headteacher - Start date 01.09.21
Due to the promotion of our current Deputy Headteacher to Headteacher, from September 2021, we are looking for an inspiring and talented Senior Leader. Our new Deputy Headteacher will become part of a very hardworking and enthusiastic team who are proud of their school and believe in the potential of every child who attends. Our school ethos is one of inclusion, respect and high aspiration for all. We have a very strong nurturing ethos, with staff and pupil well-being the key to learning and success. Our expectations of pupil behaviour and attitudes are high and pupils are encouraged to develop a positive growth mindset and resilience as part of their learning and experience in our school.
We are fully committed to ensuring that our school community develops life-long and successful learners. Our very strong SEND department and caring ethos strongly supports our school motto of: ‘Hand in hand we learn’. We are a one form entry Primary Academy in the City of Stoke-on-Trent, where the children from Nursery up to Year 6 are taught in single aged classes, with a clear focus on meeting the needs of all pupils and closing the progress and attainment gap for all groups of pupils.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher who is an outstanding teacher with high expectations for all. The successful applicant must have a clear vision, drive and passion for teaching and learning in order to raise standards in an already thriving school. This post is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with a new Headteacher to shape the future of the school and lead the talented and dedicated staff team into the next chapter.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Leader who demonstrates:
- A commitment to school improvement in order to raise standards for all pupils
- Understanding of the importance of a good education for children who live in an area of high deprivation
- A belief in the importance of a safe and nurturing environment
- The ability to drive, evaluate and develop an exciting and creative curriculum which engages all pupils
- Understanding and experience of monitoring, analysing and evaluating data and planning appropriate actions for improvement
- KS2 teaching expertise to compliment the Headteacher’s expertise in EYFS and KS1
- A proven track record of leading and improving teaching and learning across a school
- Excellent pupil relationships and behavior management strategies
- Commitment to their own learning and professional development and that of others
- The ability to coach and mentor teachers and Subject Leaders
- Approachability, integrity and adaptability
- A positive outlook and a good sense of humor
- The ability to undertake full responsibility for the school, in the absence of the Headteacher
We can offer:
- A happy and caring school environment
- A strong and supportive Leadership Team and Governing Body
- A dynamic and forward thinking Community Trust
- Excellent CPD opportunities that includes working with other schools within The Orchard Community Trust
- A full induction programme
We look forward to receiving applications to join our friendly, supportive and dedicated staff team.
Closing date: Friday 26th February at 12.00
Shortlisting: Thursday 4th March
Interviews: Friday 19th March (Interviews and tasks will be held on Microsoft Teams)
Our school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau Application packs are available from our website – www.abbeyhultonprimary.org.uk
Or alternatively please contact the School Office on 01782 235551 or email your application request to email@example.com
Due to the current Covid19 restrictions, we are unable to offer the usual school tours. A virtual tour of the school is available on our school website http://www.abbeyhultonprimary.org.uk/statutory-information/vacancies-2/
If you would like to arrange a telephone or Microsoft Teams appointment with Mrs Brookes, please contact the School Office on 01782 235551.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively posted to:
Mrs L Brookes
Deputy Headteacher (Headteacher from 01.09.21)
Abbey Hulton Primary School