Teaching Assistant - Berkswich CE Primary School
The role: The governors at Berkswich CE Primary School are seeking to appoint an Upper Key Stage Two Teaching Assistant to work within our Year Six class from March 2021.
Hours: 18.75 hours per week
The Post: Teaching Assistant – Teaching and Learning (Occasional Cover) Level 3. Grade 4 £19,312 - £19, 698 pro rata (Term Time Only)
‘The headteacher engenders very high levels of respect and approval from staff, pupils and parents. Staff morale and relationships within the school are exceptionally positive.’ Ofsted
Berkswich CE Primary is a highly successful school situated on the outskirts of Stafford in a rural environment. It is an extremely friendly and welcoming Church of England School. The school has delightful and enthusiastic children; we are constantly praised by visitors for the high standard of behaviour across all classes. Berkswich is extremely well-supported by parents, governors and the Parish. Our latest Outstanding Ofsted report noted that, ‘Leaders, including governors, share a clear, ambitious vision for the school, based on very high aspirations and expectations. The school ethos, ‘we believe, we achieve, we care’, reflects the strong commitment to the Christian principles which are at the heart of the school.’ Our staff are driven, ensuring the very best outcomes for all of our children.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with upper Key Stage Two pupils, particularly Year Six
- has an excellent understanding of the outcomes for learning at the end of Key Stage Two and has high expectations of learning behaviours
- demonstrates a passion for learning and the progress each child makes
- understands that safeguarding every child is of paramount importance
- works within the Christian values and ethos of the school
- contributes towards a purposeful and rich environment to optimise learning
- is self-motivated, committed and builds strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders, inspiring others through the modelling of best practice
- is self-reflective and open to new ideas
- contributes to the wider school vision and values
In return, we can offer:
- children who are respectful, happy and work hard with resilience and tenacity
- highly committed and friendly staff
- a culture where all staff delight in learning and where children’s interests, and imaginations are captured
- a commitment to high-quality professional development
- opportunities to gain wider professional experiences and qualifications as part of our inspirational, outward-looking team, including national accreditation
- a supportive and encouraging governing board and Parish
Visits to our school are currently restricted due to COVID-19 regulations; however, we encourage applicants to contact the office to discuss the post further (01785 337360). If restrictions change, we may be able to accommodate visits under strict COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Visit our website to learn more about Berkswich CE Primary School: www.berkswichceprimary.co.uk
Please contact our school office for further details:
Berkswich CE Primary School, Cedar Way, Walton-on-the-Hill, Stafford ST17 0LU
(01785) 337360 email@example.com
Application forms are available online, together with further information about the post. All completed application forms to be returned to the school office in person, by post or via email by the close of applications at midday on Wednesday 24th February, 2021.
Applications close – 12pm Wednesday 24th February, 2021
Online interviews – Tuesday 2nd March, 2021
Berkswich CE Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Debarring Service checks.