Pastoral Manager - St. John’s Primary Academy, Essington
St. John’s Primary Academy, Essington
Full-time 37 hours per week, term-time
Grade 7 £23,541 - £27,041 (Pro-rata)
Required for April 2021
This is an exciting opportunity, suitable for someone who is passionate about supporting children and families.
Future Generation Trust is a small, growing Trust of primary phase academies in Staffordshire.
FGT aims to create a strong positive culture in all of its academies in which valuable life skills will be delivered. Quality teaching, built upon a foundation of care and support will lead to high levels of attainment, achievement and confidence, self-esteem and a love of learning.
St. John’s Primary Academy, Essington, is a large, and growing, Church School which works closely with the community. It is Ofsted rated Outstanding. To continue our improvement it is imperative that we appoint talented members of staff who share our vision of delivering a wide curriculum in a bright, attractive and supportive environment.
To see what type of academy we are please take the time to look at:
- Our Twitter feed https://twitter.com/StJohns_Eagle/
- Our videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/StJohnseagle
- Visit our Website at https://www.stjohns-eagle.com/
The successful candidate will need to align themselves closely with our unique identity and match the high levels of discretionary effort that current staff display.
We believe that St. John’s offers ambitious staff an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience; In return for high levels of commitment the appointed candidate will receive high quality professional development opportunities and the support of skilled staff.
The duties of the Pastoral Manger include:
- Leading on all attendance related issues, and in particular the attendance of disadvantaged and vulnerable pupils.
- Managing pastoral and welfare issues by liaising with parents on health, hygiene, mental health and well-being issues, and offering a range of services and information to children and families requiring support;
- Liaising with external agencies and attend meetings, such as Child in Need;
- Participating in admission and transition processes by obtaining, collating and sharing welfare and safeguarding information at key transition points;
- Being a Designated Safeguarding Lead, carrying out statutory duties associated with this responsibility;
- Supporting other members of staff in the management of behaviour;
- General duties in assisting and supporting staff, parents and pupils.
It is strongly recommended that potential candidates arrange a visit to the academy. Appointments can be made by emailing email@example.com either during or outside of school hours. Scheduled visit times are as follows:
- Thursday 11th February, 4pm
- Monday 22nd February, 10am and 4pm
Completed applications should be emailed to Kim Greenaway at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only fully completed applications will be accepted, do not include CV’s.
Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted by phone or e-mail.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 25th February at 12 midday
Prior to interview references will be requested.
Interviews: Friday 12th March 2021
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A copy of the Safeguarding Policy is available on the academy website. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide
St. John’s Primary Academy
Hobnock Road, Essington, Wolverhampton, WV11 2RF
Telephone: 01922 476695
St. John’s Primary Academy is part of Future Generation Trust
In the future generation we trust!