Operations Manager - Education specific (Primary based)
Operations Manager - Education specific (Primary based)
Central Education are a team of specialist childcare professionals and PE & School Sport providers, working with schools and communities across the West Midlands. We encourage children and young people to be active, demonstrate positive behaviours, and aim to see all participants, enjoy, succeed and achieve.
Our team of staff are separated into three sub-companies:
- Central Out of School Clubs - The high-quality provision of before and after-school childcare and school holiday clubs, running across:
- Three Ofsted-registered wrap-around care settings during term time, and;
- Two Early Years settings during school holidays.
- Central Coaching - Delivery of PE, Physical Activity and School Sport across:
- Schools in the Midlands during term time, and;
- Six voluntary Ofsted-registered school holiday Multi-Sports and Activity Camps.
- Central Stars in Schools: Professional athlete visits to schools alongside a personal best programme (the Operations Manager role being advertised for will NOT cover Central Stars in Schools sub-company)
We are looking for an extremely well-organised and highly-motivated individual to join our team to assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of Central Coaching and Central Out of School Clubs. The successful candidate will need to be equally as knowledgeable and passionate about the Early Years Foundation Stage and PE, Physical Activity and School Sport.
The main components of the Operations Manager role are;
- Overseeing the delivery of PE and School Sport across a team of staff and liaising with the Managing Director. Elements of this role will be shared (we have a current staff member who oversees this role for 2 days a week, so 3 days of this role will be shared - specifics for which are listed in the ‘operations’ section).
- Overseeing the running of three EYFS registered wrap-around care settings for years Reception – 6 (during term time) which are each individually staffed by a manager and deputy.
- Overseeing the running of six Multi-Sports and Activity Camp holiday settings for ages 5 – 11 (which run across every school holiday with the exception of Christmas).
- Overseeing the running of two EYFS holiday club settings for ages 3 - 5 (which run across every school holiday with the exception of Christmas) which are each individually staffed by a manager and deputy.
- Working alongside the Managing Director to develop and expand the business further.
At Central Education we demand the highest of standards from all our staff members to ensure we retain our excellent reputation with schools, children and parents across all areas of delivery. Only candidates who can show a willingness to excel and go above and beyond within their role will be considered.
- 3 consistent days per week, specific days to be discussed at interview (39 weeks)
- Monday – Friday school holidays (with the exception of Christmas and bank holidays)
- 6 months initial contract leading to a permanent contract if successful
- (Potential progression for full time full year)
Flexibility required, but generally 9:00am – 5:00pm
Very competitive rates of pay to be disclosed on receipt of CV and at the first stage of interview (via phone)
- A solid understanding and passion for PE, Physical Activity and School Sport, as well as the Early Years Foundation Stage
- QTS or Early Years qualification (compulsory)
- Excellent knowledge of Primary physical education (PE) curriculum
- Good understanding of social media platforms
- Incredibly well-organised
- Self-motivated for some remote working
- Access to own method of transport and driving licence which should be current and clean
- Experience working within the Primary sector - ideally within education, sport and/or child care
- Experience in creating programmes with successful implementation to celebrate and track impact and progress
- Clear, enhanced DBS check (Central Education will complete a new DBS check on any successful applicant)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead training, or willing to undertake
- Paediatric First Aid qualification, or willing to undertake
- Ensure childcare setting managers are running settings to an outstanding standard
- Oversee Ofsted inspections at Early Years settings
- Oversee Ofsted inspections involving PE delivery in school settings
- Ensure all risk assessments and policies are up to date in line with Ofsted requirements
- Manage and control staff scheduling and resources (shared role)
- Manage staff cover in the case of absence/illness (shared role during term time, sole role during school holiday provision)
- Deliver and oversee staff CPD (shared role)
- Oversee staff wellbeing (shared role)
- Complete termly staff observations (shared role)
- Implement the company policies and procedures to ensure full compliance at all times
- Manage staff in creating innovative ideas for individual schools (e.g. fundraisers)
- Negotiate with current and potential customers, key contacts and suppliers
- Establish and maintain quality links with customers and key contacts – to ensure quality control across the company is consistently at the highest of standards
- Keep informed of competitors in the same area/sector, to ensure the company retains its competitive edge and is the number one choice for customers
- Complete and maintain inventories for equipment
- Order and distribute equipment
- Create and distribute marketing materials (printed, digital, video)
- Manage advertising and public-facing communications on social media
- Oversee and manage all interactive media content
- Ensure content/communication consistency across all channels
- Create mailing lists for marketing and upcoming events
- Gather customer feedback - in order to adapt and improve wherever possible
School holiday camps/clubs:
- Maintain good relationships and strong communication links with host venues
- Ensure safeguarding procedures are being adhered to at all times
- Ensure all risk assessments and documentation is up to date in line with Ofsted requirements
- Have an excellent knowledge of the EYFS in preparation for Ofsted inspections of Early Years settings and voluntary registered settings
- Manage and advertise for each school holiday on social media
- Create letters and marketing tools to distribute to schools
- Organise distribution of equipment and resources as necessary
- Organise staffing rota
- Manage staffing in case of absences
- Answer parents queries via phone and e-mail, quickly and efficiently
- Support staff at all settings with parental queries
- Free childcare during school holidays from age 3 – 11
- Full company kit
- Flexible working hours
Please send a CV to email@example.com. We welcome phone calls regarding the role or emails with any queries