37.0 Hours per Week
12 months fixed term contract
Do you enjoy working with data and producing intelligence products?
Solihull MBC are looking for an enthusiastic Information Analyst to work within the public health team.
In this varied and interested role, you will provide input and advice into understanding the health needs of the population, addressing health inequalities, determining priorities for action, and contributing to an understanding of the wider determinates of health. You will need excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to present complex public health intelligence to a wide range of audiences.
You will have a degree (or equivalent) with a statistical / mathematical component or possess significant relevant experience in data analysis and you will have the ability to undertake specific statistical analyses and present data to people from a variety of backgrounds.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic environment. You will need to be flexible in your approach to work, to ensure that you meet the requirements of your customers, able to work autonomously, and prioritise workload to meet conflicting deadlines.
You will be predominantly homebased, with a requirement to attend the office on occasions to meet work priorities.
You will have the opportunity to develop existing skills in a close knit local authority team, influencing key decisions through the provision of robust intelligence and insight.
In return we offer:
- A friendly, supportive and inclusive working environment;
- Competitive salaries including, for those at the top of their scale, the opportunity to receive a non-consolidated lump sum;
- Flexible working including home working, job sharing and part time working arrangements where appropriate;
- Annual leave starting at 24 days and rising to 29 days after 5 years' service in addition to public holidays with an opportunity to purchase up to 10 additional days' holiday per year;
- A generous flexitime scheme;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities;
- A range of family friendly policies;
- Employee benefits including subsidised travel passes, Cycle 2 Work Scheme, confidential Employee Assistance Programme and staff discount card.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Lucie Rowson, Senior Public Health Analyst, on 0121 704 6753.
This is a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months due to external funding.
Whilst this post is offered on a fixed term basis, applications will be considered from internal applicants seeking a secondment opportunity.
Interviews will take place using a secure video conferencing platform. Interview date to be confirmed.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Information Analyst JDPS (Updated 01.03.21).docx