Chief Financial Officer
7 days left
Hours per week: Full-time/Part-time - flexible options can be discussed
Work Pattern: Term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Excelsior Multi Academy Trust
c/o Colmers Farm Primary School
Phone Number: 0121 716 0455
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 1 August 2021
Are you a passionate finance professional who is looking for an exciting opportunity to join a thriving Trust? Are you keen to share and develop your knowledge, skills and ability to support the Trust to improve outcomes for all its pupils? Do you want to be part of a forward thinking, innovative and dynamic executive leadership team who are always striving to improve and move forward?
If the answer is yes and you have the financial experience and skills to support our team and help drive forward our strategic plan then keep reading, this could be the one for you…
Excelsior MAT has a supportive working culture which is designed to support employees to achieve their full potential.
Together, we share a mission to improve educational standards across trust schools, and work in collaboration to deliver on our goals. Above all, we understand that our schools are communities; and that we all benefit from creating a working environment in which staff feel valued and able to derive satisfaction from their work. We are driven by our core
values of Succeeding together – Alone you’re good. Together we’re amazing
Ensuring equality for all – Equality – First, Foremost, Forever
Engaging learning – Unlocking minds everyday
Aspiring from the start – Where ambition begins on day one
We are looking for a CFO who:
• has excellent skills and experience in strategic planning and strategic management of financial resources
• has strong persuasive, influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently
• has good leadership skills and the ability to inspire and challenge colleagues
• is a team-player, personable and emotionally intelligent
• is forward thinking and innovative
• is aligned with our Trust core values
Your role will be:
• to be responsible for the financial sustainability and development of Excelsior Multi Academy Trust
• to provide high quality leadership and management of the Trust’s finance function to enable the Trust to run smoothly, efficiently, and effectively in the delivery of the Trust’s core aims.
• to lead the promotion and delivery of good financial management across the whole organisation so that public money is safeguarded at all times and used appropriately, economically, efficiently and effectively
What can we offer you:
An outstanding, innovative and ambitious executive leadership team who, through their passion and drive to improve outcomes for children, support and motivate each other to achieve great things! In return for your commitment to our Trust, we can offer:
• Sector competitive pay
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Defined benefit pensions
• Performance related pay and recognition of additional responsibilities
• Access to ExcelWell – our health and wellbeing platform for staff
• Access to our Facebook staffroom
• Access to our Friday Pulse portal that tracks employee happiness, helping to build a positive and productive work culture
• 24/7 advise and help line
• Access to flu jabs
• Flexible working arrangements
We are open to discussions around working hours, this may be a full time or part time opportunity, please state your preference on the application form or call to discuss further.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a significant difference to the lives and outcomes of pupils in our Trust.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 8 March 2021, 5pm
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. If you would like an informal chat, or further information about the role, please contact the Trust HR Lead – Nicola Harrold to arrange a meeting with our CEO, Hazel Pulley: email@example.com
You can also download an application pack
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot accept any applications that are received after the closing date.
Please note we do not accept CV’s.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.