Teaching Assistant - Burton Manor Primary School
Burton Manor Primary School, Uplands Road, Stafford ST17 9PS
Teaching Assistant (Nursery based) Grade 2 £18,448 - £18,812 FTE
Tel: 01785 330370
16 Hours per Week term time
We require an ambitious and experienced Teaching Assistant to support children’s learning in our nursery.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a positive outlook, a sense of humour and an ability to work with other professionals is essential.
• Can inspire and challenge our highly motivated and enthusiastic children.
• Have confidence and enthusiasm to lead 1:1 and group activities including SEN interventions.
• Know how to enhance children’s language development.
• Have high expectations of themselves and the children they work with.
• Have the ability to build positive relationships with children to enhance their emotional wellbeing and learning outcomes.
• Have the skills, strategies, and confidence to facilitate learning through play and exploration, and ‘plan in the moment’ to progress learning.
• Be able to plan and adapt learning experiences to meet individual needs.
• Support the nursery team to develop the environment both indoors and outdoors to enable the children to achieve to their fullest potential.
• Demonstrate a high level of inclusivity within working practice and actively seek to remove barriers to learning.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude with high levels of resilience.
• Have a passion for improving life outcomes for children from a disadvantaged background.
You will need a good general standard of education including GCSE English and Maths to Grade C and NVQ Level 3 minimum. Experience of working in a school setting is essential.
Unfortunately due to the need to observe social distancing in school, we are unable to arrange visits.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS
All completed application forms to be returned to the school office in person, by post or via email by the close of applications at midday on Friday 12th March, 2021.
Applications close – 12noon Friday 12th March, 2021
Online interviews – Monday 22nd March, 2021