Team Manager - Children with Disabilities
Do you have a clear vision of how you can improve the lives of children and young people?
Are you an inspirational leader that truly knows it’s workforce, one who listens, acts, connects and cares?
Yes? Then you may be just the fit we are looking for;
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for a qualified experienced Team Manager for Children with Disabilities.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
Salary range: £47,845 - £50,900 plus the possibility of up to £6,500 relocation package and £2,500 market supplement per annum*
* This supplement will be an additional £2,500 per year paid monthly through normal salary arrangements, to permanent Social Workers and Team Managers working in Care Management. This market supplement does not apply to ASYEs until they move out of their first year.
Sandwell Children's Trust Overview
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell. As we move forward on our continual journey of improvement, there couldn’t be a better time to join us.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Team Manager for our Children with Disabilities Service to join our Organisation and to be committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell.
We are passionate about relational social work and believe the key to achieving sustained positive change for families lies in the relationships we form with children, families, each other and our partners. Alongside this, we promote a strength based approach to the work undertaken and continually strive to improve and develop practice across the service.
As a Team Manager for Children with Disabilities you will:
- Be passionate about children with disabilities, their needs, strengths, and ensuring that services work together to meet their needs and those of their families.
- Understand the importance of good and effective care planning.
- Be a leader and recognise that the child is central to all you do.
- Have the ability to inspire and lead a team to achieve the best possible outcomes for children with disabilities.
- A Qualified Social Worker with 5 years’ experience in Children’s Social Care.
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working.
- You will require knowledge of the latest policy and guidance around children’s social care, safeguarding and children in care of the local authority.
- A strong understanding of financial and resource management.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services.
- Experience of providing effective supervision to social workers and social care assistants.
- Experience of managing and improving performance.
- Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.
There are many benefits for working for us too:
• Access to our Learning & Development portal offering virtual training programmes, learning & development info bursts, learning events and much more.
• The latest technology enabling more effective and streamlined working.
• Detailed and effective appraisals to strengthen your practice.
• Great career progression opportunities.
• Access to a range of family friendly policies and flexible working arrangements.
Benefits & Rewards
• £2,500 market supplement
• Up to £6,500 re-location package
• Generous annual leave of 30 days (rising to 35 days after 5 years’ service) and an additional 9 public holidays; plus, the opportunity to purchase up to 10 days of additional holiday through our salary sacrifice scheme.
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, this is a nationwide career average scheme and is a valuable part of the reward package for employees.
• 24/7 access to free and confidential employee counselling service
• Access to Occupational Health services: 24/7 confidential employee counselling, healthy heart, stress awareness and yoga sessions, physiotherapy self-referral, healthy eating advice and more.
• Access to a range of discounts on products and services
• Refer a friend scheme that pays £1,500
• Wellbeing initiatives and forums
• Car lease scheme
• Cycle2work scheme
• Discounted gym membership
• Eye care vouchers
• Reimbursement of Social Work England registration
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are proud to a be a progressive organisation where we all work as one for the safety, health, happiness and prosperity of our children and families and where we ensure this is also the case for our great employees. Our 12 reasons sets us apart as Sandwell Children’s Trust is the place to grow your career and feel part of a great team. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
How to apply
We believe in making life easier here at Sandwell Children’s Trust so there are no lengthy application form's to complete, application is by way of CV and a 500-word supporting statement covering the following: -
Please email to Recruitment_childrenstrust@sandwell.gov.uk
If you would like to discuss this role further, please email Care Management Head of Service Allison Sollom at Allison_sollom@sandwellchildrenstrust.org.
Employee Benefits & Rewards