Catering Supervisor - Haughton St Giles Primary Academy
Catering Supervisor – Part-time permanent – 23.75 hours per week – 08:45am to 13:30pm (slight flexibility is possible on start time) – Monday to Friday - Term Time Only.
Start date: Monday 19th April 21 with a possible handover w/c 29th March 21 – to be discussed.
Grade 4 Post - £10.01 to £10.21 per hour (actual salary £10,718 - £10,932 p.a)
Haughton St. Giles C.E. Primary Academy is a small, friendly and successful village school. We have a caring ethos and a supportive and friendly team of staff. Due to the early retirement of one of our staff, we are actively looking to appoint a Catering Supervisor to be responsible for meal provision and the day-to-day running of the kitchen.
Working under the supervision of our Catering Management Company, you will be responsible for providing nutritionally balanced meals in line with the catering budget. Other duties will include stocktaking, electronic book-keeping, weekly ordering of foods, allergen risk assessments and kitchen hygiene.
The ideal applicant will:
- Hold a Level 2 Food Safety certificate;
- Have experience of cooking for large groups and for managing a budget;
- Have a good understanding of food, health and hygiene issues, in particular the implementation of risk assessments;
- Work independently and flexibly, if necessary;
- Have good communication skills;
- Positive and friendly demeanour;
- Work well as part of a team;
- Have experience of successfully managing a small team
This role is to start week commencing 19th April 2021, but with the possibility of a one week handover at the end of March.
- Closing date: Thursday 4th March – 12 noon.
- Interview Date: w/c 8th March
- Candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified by email.
- School Address: Haughton St. Giles C.E. Primary Academy, Prince Avenue, Haughton, Staffordshire, ST18 9ET.
- If, having read the job description and person specification, you wish to apply for the role please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are unable to download an application form please contact the school office.
Haughton St. Giles C.E. Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); identity and right to work in the UK.
All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide