Facilities Manager - St. John’s Primary Academy, Essington
St. John’s Primary Academy, Essington
30 hours per week, full year
Grade 7 £23,541 - £27,041 (Pro-rata)
Required for May 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and proactive individual with a proven track record in premises management and Health & Safety to join the team at St John’s.
Future Generation Trust is a small, growing Trust of primary phase academies in Staffordshire.
FGT aims to create a strong positive culture in all of its academies in which valuable life skills will be delivered. A safe, high quality working and learning environment is essential to achieving this aim.
St. John’s Primary Academy, Essington, is a large, and growing, Church School which works closely with the community. It is Ofsted rated Outstanding. To continue our improvement it is imperative that we appoint talented members of staff who share our vision of delivering a wide curriculum in a bright, attractive and supportive environment.
To see what type of academy we are please take the time to look at:
- Our Twitter feed https://twitter.com/StJohns_Eagle/
- Our videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/StJohnseagle
- Visit our Website at https://www.stjohns-eagle.com/
The successful candidate will need to align themselves closely with our unique identity and match the high levels of discretionary effort that current staff display.
We believe that St. John’s offers ambitious staff an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience; in return for high levels of commitment the appointed candidate will receive high quality professional development opportunities and the support of skilled staff.
The duties of the Facilities Manger include:
- To be responsible for the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of premises management and Health & Safety at the Academy.
- To directly manage three small operational teams at the Academy through respective team leaders.
- To plan and prioritise their own work, without direct supervision. (The role will require flexibility in working hours, as the school site is open from 7am until 6.30pm. There is an expectation that the successful candidate will be available to work during some of the school holiday periods, and will therefore have the flexibility to book holidays during term time.)
- To work collaboratively with other staff at the Academy and across the Trust.
It is strongly recommended that potential candidates arrange a visit to the academy. Appointments can be made by emailing email@example.com either during or outside of school hours.
Scheduled visit times are as follows:
- Wednesday 10th March, 10am
- Thursday 11th March, 5pm
Completed applications should be emailed to Kim Greenaway at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only fully completed applications will be accepted, do not include CV’s.
Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted by phone or e-mail.
Closing Date for applications: 9am on Friday 19th March 2021
References will be requested prior to interview.
Interviews: Monday 29th March 2021
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A copy of the Safeguarding Policy is available on the academy website. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide
St. John’s Primary Academy
Hobnock Road, Essington, Wolverhampton, WV11 2RF
Telephone: 01922 476695
St. John’s Primary Academy is part of Future Generation Trust
In the future generation we trust!