Teaching Assistant Grade 3 – SEND Support
5 days left
Hours 16.25 per week term time only
Start date: TBC
The Governing Body and Headteacher at St George’s Catholic Primary School are looking to appoint caring, committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support an individual pupil with SEND and complex needs.
Ideally we are seeking to employ an experienced teaching assistant who have previously worked with pupils with SEND. An understanding of the curriculum across the age ranges in a primary school would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for supporting learning and progress, following guidance from the teacher and external agencies. You will deliver focused provision to specifically meet the needs of the child and will work alongside existing staff. You will need to be proactive in your approach, kind and caring and work well as part of a team. You will need to be calm and patient, yet consistent and clear in your communication both with the children and parents.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting a child with their learning experiences meeting their individual needs.
- Delivering focused provision and support to enhance and extend children’s learning and progress under the guidance of external agencies and the class teacher
- Support the child to meet their personal targets on their provision maps both for SEND and Individual Behaviour Plans (IBP)
- Personalising resources to ensure they are accessible to the child you are working with.
- Ensure you are clear about intended learning outcomes and how these may be achieved.
- Support the child to ensure they have access to a range of learning opportunities.
- Support the child to develop an understanding of routines and expectations within the class.
- Build a strong relationship with the child and engage them in activities that increase their self-esteem, social skills and understanding of emotions.
The successful candidates will:-
- be an excellent practitioner
- be hardworking, flexible and reliable
- have previous experience working with children with additional needs and/or pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in a primary school
- have knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum
- be a good communicator with at least grade C GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- be computer literate to support the child’s personalised learning
- be willing to provide assistance to the class teacher as well as being part of the whole school team
- be willing to help ensure that all children receive rich and stimulating experiences which meet their individual needs.
We can offer:
- A caring school with a strong Catholic Ethos
- A friendly, dedicated, hardworking staff team
- Children who are happy and enthusiastic to learn
- Opportunities for further professional development
- A supportive and skilled Governing Body
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to this post will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and references.
For further information and an application from please contact the school office on 01905 25841 or email: email@example.com
Closing date for application: Thursday 4th March 2021