Inclusion Officer - Staffordshire University Academy
Salary range SCP9 – 15 (Grade 6)
37 hours per week
Term time plus 5 days
Start date: negotiable
Staffordshire University Academy is a rapidly improving academy, as recognised in our most recent Ofsted report. We are seeking to appoint an innovative and ambitious Inclusion Officer who can enthuse, motivate and support students in the academy. We are committed to continually improving the quality of our provision. We have access to high quality facilities and resources and work within a strong team structure that allows best practice to be shared. Staff benefit from a positive working environment, with strong support for professional development. The successful candidate will join a team of friendly and supportive colleagues who want to achieve the very best for our students.
Based within our inclusion team you will have a desire to combine an administrative role with working with young people. Work as part of the safeguarding team, supporting the effective operations of the safeguarding service on a day to day basis within the academy. Facilitate and implement the academy’s social, emotional and mental health provisions, counselling services and links with external agencies. Support the pastoral team with behaviour interventions, including one-to-one, small group and classroom-based interventions.
Do you have?
* Behaviour management experience.
* Background of working in a secondary school environment
* Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice.
* Interest of developing collaborative ways of working.
* Ability to lead and motivate students.
* Understanding more complex student needs and appropriate support mechanisms for these.
In return we can offer;
* Genuinely exciting career opportunity in a growing and successful academy.
* Supportive, experienced and enthusiastic colleagues.
* Additional unique CPD opportunities provided by Staffordshire University.
* Excellent facilities including classrooms equipped with the latest audio-visual technology and free use of fitness suite.
For more information and to download an application pack please visit our website: www.suacademy.co.uk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack. Alternatively contact Claire Simpson on 01543 224 654.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 1st March 2021.
This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide