School Business Manager
2 days left
School Business Manager
Salary Scale: Band E Point 27 - 33 £31,346 - £36,922 pro-rata
Dates: Required ASAP
Contract type: 37 hours per week - Term Time plus three weeks (will consider part time for the right candidate)
Contract term: 6 months fixed term in the first instance
Hockley Heath Academy is a vibrant, one form entry school, situated in Hockley Heath Village in Solihull. The governors, staff, and parents are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well-motivated School Business Manager to join us. This is a post which will provide opportunities for the successful candidate to develop the role to its full potential.
As the School Business Manager you will be expected to undertake the strategic financial planning and management of the Academy, advise the Principal and Governing Body on all financial matters and lead on income generation. This very diverse role will also have overall responsibility for site management within a busy Academy. You will be an excellent communicator, forward-thinker and creative leader, who is able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills allied with a drive to help the school develop and improve.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will contribute to the development of the school
- Can demonstrate successful experience of leadership and management
- Offers proven experience of managing a budget
- Has at least two years of finance experience within a school setting
- Has the ability to manage a wide range of stakeholder relationships
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to develop the role
- A warm, supportive and positive learning and working environment
- Members of staff who are collegiate, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
- Work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and desire to succeed will be recognised
You will need to have:
- A relevant accounting qualification eg CIPFA, AAT or ACCA
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present both written and verbal information to the Principal, Senior Leadership Team and Governors
- A certificate, or diploma, in School Business Management or be prepared to complete accreditation;
- Leadership and management experience of areas including finance and health and safety;
- Experience of premises and facilities management;
- A genuine desire to involve yourself fully in the life of our school and to work as part of our forward-thinking team of professionals.
The successful candidate will join the school’s Senior Leadership Team and be expected to make a major contribution to the work of that team in all aspects of its work in school.