Our Lady and St Chad Catholic Academy
MAC Band G, NJC 25 to 28 (£29,577 - £32,234) Job Ref: ESTMAN03
Plus LGPS Pension Scheme and 24 days paid holiday
37 Hours Per Week, 52 Weeks Per Year
Required as soon as possible
We have an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Estates Manager to join our Multi Academy
Company, based at Our Lady and St Chad Catholic Academy, to provide effective and
efficient management of the estate and facilities in a safe, welcoming and conducive to
What you will be doing
- you will be expected to plan, help manage and deliver the 5 year site maintenance programme
- you will be responsible for overseeing and creating the annual maintenance programme and will be expected to manage building development projects. Key to the post is an excellent understanding of managing day to day premises maintenance and health and safety issues and being compliant in the legislative checks for a large and complex site
- in addition, you must manage the daily conflicting demands upon the premises team ensuring that they meet deadlines and deliver a quality service to the highest standards
- this role also plays an important part in our efforts to reduce our environmental footprint with a reduction in energy consumption and waste; a priority in our strategy to increase efficiency in the way we operate.
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this role, you will need to have/be:
- estates/facilities management experience
- recognised qualification in Facilities Management and Health & Safety or equivalent qualification or experience in Property, Caretaking and Facilities Services
- a good understanding of fire and security procedure, health and safety regulations, buildings maintenance, contractor management, and service provision
- a strong track record in process and procedure and budget management
- great people skills, including managing a team, working with colleagues, suppliers and contractors
- a good understanding of the operating pattern of a school, including communicating with key suppliers, and contractors to effect changes where necessary
- a commitment to safeguarding in schools
- a flair for detail, high standards of professionalism, plenty of common sense and strong organisational skills
- the ability to travel across the sites across the Multi Academy
We reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner should the right applicant apply.
For more information please contact Daniel Belcher, HR Officer at the company head office
(c/o Our Lady and St Chad Catholic Academy, Old Fallings Lane, Wolverhampton WV10 8BL or
telephone 01902 558569).
St Francis and St Clare Catholic Multi Academy Company is committed to safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
CLOSING DATE MONDAY 1 MARCH, 2021 AT 12PM
To apply, visit https://www.sfscmac.co.uk/vacancies/estates-manager-2/
and e-mail completed application form to email@example.com
Please note only completed CES forms will be accepted