Senior Practitioner OT
4 days left
Job Title: Senior Practitioner Occupational Therapist
Salary: £33,782-£37,890 Per Annum
Closing date: Friday 5th March 2021
Interview: Thursday 18th March 2021
Herefordshire is a beautiful, historic county located in the heart of the Marches on the border with Wales. We are one of the most rural and sparsely populated counties in England with a wealth of unspoilt countryside, distinctive heritage, and lively and attractive market towns.
Herefordshire Council provides a wide range of services that combine to make a difference to residents' lives on a daily basis. When recruiting, we look for innovative, professional and committed individuals who will help us to realise our priorities and uphold our values. We offer a range of working benefits, and aim to help employees achieve and maintain a good work life balance.
Herefordshire Council’s Occupational Therapy team is now looking for qualified, professional people to join our friendly and experienced OT staff based with other Adult Social Care teams at our locality bases in Hereford, Leominster and Ledbury. We currently have the following vacancy within our team: Senior Practitioner Occupational Therapist – North Locality, Leominster – 37hrs per week.
The Occupational Therapy Team forms part of our Independent Living Services, comprising OT, Telecare and the council’s in house Home Improvement Agency. We are currently integrating the Occupational Therapy and Telecare assessment process and training all our Occupational Therapy staff in this area of work. We have good links with our integrated community equipment provider, housing strategy and housing solutions colleagues and the council operates an accessible homes register to promote best re-use of accessible properties wherever possible. Along with the discretionary housing options that are available via our Home Adaptations and Assistance policy, we aim to provide as holistic and joined up service as possible to our clients in the area of equipment, adaptations and housing/re-housing options, and to be innovative and creative in the way we can support people to facilitate access and control over their facilities within their home environment.
As a Senior Practitioner OT you will be responsible for a small team of Occupational Therapy staff working across the locality. You will receive regular, supportive supervision from the ILS Manager (who is also an Occupational Therapist) have access to regular internal and external CPD opportunities, and a supportive peer group of other senior occupational therapists working across the county and with the duty team. You will benefit from being part of a friendly, innovative and motivated integrated team with great links with our wider social care, council and health colleagues.
Our senior practitioner roles are a great opportunity for you to develop or maintain your skills in supervision and performance management whilst maintaining an active fieldwork role in the community. If you are an experienced occupational therapist with a commitment to supporting and enabling clients with wide ranging complex needs within the community, have experience of undertaking assessments for equipment, minor and major adaptations, and have strong risk assessment and decision making skills, we would love to hear from you.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
- 25 days annual leave per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays and 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- A generous relocation package for eligible candidates.
- Provide access to a high quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice.
- Regular 1:1’s and development opportunities
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Provide the use of pool cars and bikes (terms and conditions apply)
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
- Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
- Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
- Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care
If you would like to discuss this job in more detail please contact Philippa Winstanley on Philippa.Winstanley1@herefordshire.gov.uk or telephone 01432 260723.
We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to social distancing and infection controls currently in place we will contact you to discuss interview arrangements. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org