Dudley Council embrace our 6 values which should guide our behaviour and decision making to achieve our vision... we will be one council, building an effective and dynamic organisation. We expect you to embrace these values:
- Empowerment and respect
- Working together
Hours: Full time 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 11 (£39,486 - £42,398)
A genuinely exciting and rewarding job has arisen working for the Council at the heart of the Black Country. A new role managing the Councils recruitment function on a journey from a traditional passive recruitment offer to a strategic, targeted talent acquisition approach.
We are looking for someone who brings:
- experience of Recruitment Agency and in-house Recruitment experience (either directly employed or managing in-house contracts via Agency)
- an understanding of Public sector Recruitment (either previously employed or worked extensively with clients from the public sector)
- a proven track record of sourcing candidates for roles
- expert knowledge, experience and skills in recruitment administration, regulations and systems including Right to Work, DBS and Safer Recruitment.
- an engaging and participative leadership style and is a genuine team player as you will manage a large team of recruitment professionals.
You will benefit from:
- A generous Local Government Pension
- Agile Working – supporting and promoting a positive work/life balance
Flexible Working – to include Agile Working (dependant on the needs of the service), Flexible Retirement
- Annual Leave – from 25 days up to 33 days (Plus Bank Holidays and 1 extra Statutory Day) Depending upon Salary and Length of Service
- Learning & Development / Apprenticeships – A varied offering of in-house and external learning interventions and professional development
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Counselling Service – In-house access for all with a variety of therapeutic approaches to suit the individual needs of each client
- Wellbeing – a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing
- Occupational Health – a service to support you to stay well at work, both physically and mentally
- Family Friendly Policies - Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Corporate Gym Membership – across Dudley Borough Leisure Centres
The Recruitment Process:
Closing date: Sunday 28th February 2021.
Sifting will be undertaken between 1st and 5th March 2021. If you are successful at this stage you will be invited to an initial discussion via MS Teams.
There will then be an opportunity for shortlisted candidates to meet colleagues online before final interviews on Thursday 25th March 2021 via MS Teams.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised date if a large number of applications are received.
Online application forms only will be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for job applications are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; WM Jobs If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
Job Description & Person Specification