Registered Manager - Children’s Home – Great Barr
Great Barr (B43) Permanent Experienced Home (Registered) Manager
- Competitive Salary
- 40 hours per week
We have a fantastic opportunity to join St Christopher's fellowship as our new Registered Manager for our 4 bed children’s home in Great Barr. You will lead and support a professional team of staff committed to transforming young lives and creating positive outcomes. You will be supported by a Deputy Manager and a Team Leader, as well as the rest of the team.
St Christopher's is an established children’s charity that has provided care and support for vulnerable children and young people for 150 years. Our focus and commitment is all about our children and young people. We provide fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative housing and support services across London, Essex, West Midlands and the Isle of Man.
We really care about children and young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do. We ask children and young people what they think and involve them in decision making, from helping to shape new services to interviewing new members of staff. Our social pedagogic approach is our core philosophy of care. Put simply this is a holistic approach for building positive relationships with children and young people to bring out their inner “diamond”.
We are an equal opportunity employer and keen to develop an inclusive workforce were people feel they belong. We hope to attract applications from under- represented groups including people from different cultures, nationalities, socio economic backgrounds, ages, disabilities, religion, faith, sex, orientation, child care responsibilities and with gender diverse identities.
About the Role
We have a passionate commitment to our young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do and as the homes (registered) Manager; you will be a key player in building and extending this commitment.
You will lead and support a team; Deputy Manager, Team Leader and eight Residential Workers, all committed to transforming lives and creating positive outcomes. In addition we have an in house team of Therapists providing support to staff and young people within the home.
The successful candidate will have
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare and, be either working towards or be prepared to undertake Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare.
- Prior experience in residential children’s homes, including at least a year with staff supervision and management responsibility.
- A passion for achieving the best possible outcomes for young people.
- Excellent leadership and staff management abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to deliver at least ‘good’ in the home’s Ofsted inspection.
- Sound business awareness and a flair for promoting the service.
- Flexibility, drive and resilience.
This role will involve some shift work plus some on call duties in the evening and at weekends. Applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS (police) checks.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including Young People’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health, Social Pedagogy
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers.
- Discount shopping scheme, to save money at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funding Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career within our range of services.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
Your online application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification. Please state your salary expectations for this role.
For more information or assistance during the application process, please visit our website.
St Christopher’s Fellowship has a minimum age requirement of 21 for roles working directly with children and young people in our residential and semi-independent Homes.