Pensions Finance Officer
Pensions Finance Officer
GR 6 - £29577.00 – £33782.00
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Pensions Finance Officer within the Pension Fund Finance team.
The West Midlands Pension Fund is a local authority Pension Fund based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. The Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension funds, managing and administering the pension interest of our members and scheme employers. We currently have over 330,000 scheme members, 700 employers and £17bn of assets under management.
We are seeking a highly organised Finance Officer to join our team in delivering a high performing, customer focused finance service for the £17bn WMPF.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Allocation of cash receipts and payments for the Fund’s bank accounts ensuring the cash books are kept up to date on a daily basis.
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of purchase invoices, reconciling supplier statements and assisting with preparing daily payment runs for authorisation ensuring appropriate coding checks have been carried out
- Production of regular bank reconciliations
- Liaison with other service areas to ensure that late or missing contributions are properly accounted for and chased as appropriate.
- Credit control management of sales ledger, effective monitoring and proactive approach to chasing debts
- Aged debt reporting
- Ownership of balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly and quarterly cashflow forecasting
- Participation in quarterly and year end reporting as required.
- Assist in ensuring all accounts related areas are running smoothly through the provision of administrative support.
The ideal candidate will
- be part qualified ACCA with a view to achieving full qualification (study support will be considered) or Level 4 AAT with relevant experience.
- demonstrate experience of working within a similar role in financial administration, good attention to detail, good organisational skills with a willingness to learn and ambitious attitude.
For more information please contact Annie Egginton on 01902 551360 or email WMPFrecruitment@wolverhampton.gov.uk or to apply for this post please visit the following website:-
Please note previous applicants need not apply
City of Wolverhampton Council are committed to representing Wolverhampton’s diverse community and therefore strongly encourage applications from all applicants meeting the essential criteria. The council operates a guaranteed interview policy for disabled candidates, those who have previously been under our care and are over the age of 25 and veterans who have served in the military, where it is evidenced that the essential criteria of the post are met.
Our application system is anonymous, this means recruitment interview panel members will not receive details of your name or date of birth unless you are invited to attend an interview. We are not able to hide personal information from any attachments that you upload so we request that you remove your name, date of birth and any personal information from any supporting documentation. The shortlisting panel will receive your candidate pack in full (including any attachments) showing your candidate number. If you are invited to attend an interview, panel members will be provided with your name.
Pensions Finance Officer JD_ (003).doc