Adults and Communities Transitions Social Worker
6 days left
Job Title: Adults and Communities Transitions Social Worker
Hours: 37 hours
Salary: HC08 £29,577-£33,782 Per Annum
Closing date: 14.03.21
This is an exciting time for Social Workers to join Herefordshire Council’s adult social care Young Adults (Transitions) Team. Recent innovation and service transformation has enabled us to enhance the workforce and create several exciting developmental posts and opportunities to practice differently throughout our teams.
Working with local communities and developments, opportunities are growing to support our ambition to help adults live productive, safe, healthy and independent lives. Our community broker scheme recently winning an award for innovation. This means our multi-skilled teams enable us to be responsive to individuals whatever their needs.
We are now looking for registered Social Workers who are confident and able to practice from a strengths based perspective and who understands the vital importance in achieving the best start to adulthood for our younger people. Herefordshire Council is passionate about training and career progression for our social workers in both adults and children’s services and career progression is our strength.
In return we will offer
- 25 days per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service plus Bank Holidays and2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Provide access to a high quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice
- Regular 1:1’s and development opportunities
- Payment of professional membership fees
- A generous relocation package for eligible candidates
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
Newly qualified social workers:
Herefordshire’s adults and communities directorate runs a recognised mandated, approved and supported year of employment programme (ASYE), for all new NQSWs coming to work with us. As our spring intake is currently full, this particular post is not open for newly qualified social workers to apply. Please do look out for posts later on in the year.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
- Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
- Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
- Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care
If you would like to discuss this job in more detail please contact Nicky Brezine on 01432 260040
Herefordshire is a naturally beautiful, lively county with some delightful market towns, picturesque villages and a blend of the traditional and modern in the city of Hereford. It hosts a thriving artistic community with exhibitions, film festivals, independent shops, theatres and numerous live music venues.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to social distancing and infection controls currently in place we will contact you to discuss interview arrangements. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com