Family Group Conference Convenor
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell. As we move forward on our continual journey of improvement, there couldn’t be a better time to join us. We are looking for a Family Group Convenor who is committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell.
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are proud to a be a progressive organisation where we all work as one for the safety, health, happiness and prosperity of our children and families and where we ensure this is also the case for our great employees.
Our 12 reasons sets us apart as Sandwell Children’s Trust is the place to grow your career and feel part of a great team. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
There are many benefits for working for us too:
- Access to our Learning & Development portal
- The latest technology
- Detailed and effective appraisals
- Great career progression opportunities.
- Access to a range of family friendly policies and flexible working arrangements.
Benefits & Rewards
- Generous annual leave of 30 days
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24/7 access to free, confidential employee counselling service
- Occupational Health services
- Car lease scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- And more!
About Family Group Conferencing (FGC) Team
We work with families within Sandwell to help them plan and make decisions for a child who is at risk.
We bring the child’s network of family and extended family together and support them with a safe care plan, this is decided by the family and co-ordinated by our team working with partner agencies to help prepare the family and the child.
The post holder will need to be available to work very flexibly including evenings and weekends to fit in with the needs of a diverse population of families.
- You will be educated to degree level or an equivalent professional qualification or significant relevant experience within a childcare setting.
- Have experience of family work/group work
- A good knowledge of child welfare issues
- Understanding of health, education, social care and voluntary services.
- Experience of mediation / negotiation and facilitation with individuals or groups
- The ability to communicate well at all levels.
- A current Enhanced DBS is required for this position
How to apply.
To apply please click on apply button
Interested, or have any questions? For an informal discussion contact our Recruitment team by emailing email@example.com
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 28th February 2021Supporting documents
Benefits and Rewards