Senior Project Managers
About us and the role
Do you want to work on exciting projects that ‘make Warwickshire the best it can be’?
Are you motivated by delivering benefits and improvements to the community where you live or work?
If you’re the kind of person who is prepared to get stuck in, who wants to do the best job possible, who approaches everything with passion and purpose, then this is the place for you. You’ll be able to apply your knowledge and expertise in a place that matters to people and communities.
We are looking for dynamic and self-motivated Senior Project Managers who want the responsibility for delivering transformation projects across the Council - implementing solutions that deliver benefits and improved outcomes across the county.
We have a number of positions, permanent and fixed term available to support projects in the following programmes as well as other areas:
- Adult Social Care (ASC) Programme, Liberty Protection Safeguarding Project, this is a legislative project with 6 significant workstreams of activity. The changes will impact Strategy and Commissioning, ASC, Children & Families/Children with Disabilities, Customer Service Centre, Partners in Health etc. The project includes significant changes to IT (including Mosaic) and workforce (including changes to operational processes, increased demand leading to recruitment, upskilling of staff, training delivery etc).
- The Transformation Programme for Warwickshire Music Service will review the current design and operational practice of this traded education service to identify and implement a fit for purpose sustainable business model that will enable the service to sustain and develop its provision of instrumental learning, music groups, concerts and events to schools and communities across Warwickshire. Candidates with experience of delivering successful project outcomes in a trading setting the in music, arts and/or education sectors would be advantageous, alongside a proven ability to work sensitively and independently at pace with a diverse range of service users, stakeholders and sector partners.
- The role supporting the Warwickshire Cares Better Together Programme will provide project management expertise to change and transformation activity which impacts both local NHS and adult social care services. In this role you will help deliver our integration plans and ambitions. If you have fantastic stakeholder management skills, understand the benefits of partnership working and enjoy working in a fast paced and changing environment on multiple interdependent activities, we would encourage you to apply.
We are looking for someone who has a good track record of successfully delivering projects, with excellent interpersonal skills and experience in stakeholder engagement and management. You should have a positive approach and be able to manage demands and conflicts in a calm professional manner.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Senior hands-on PM - 5 years plus experience with recent evidence of successful delivery of complex projects
- Significant stakeholder management experience, ideally with some NHS or LA experience
- Confident managing multiple interdependent workstreams
- Knowledge and experience of delivering IT / HR changes including changes to roles, processes, operational and system changes
- Experience of budget management
- Fully conversant with all standard PM monitoring and control activities in order to track the progress of the project - Full Business Case development; Benefits /Dis-benefits analysis and options appraisal: comprehensive implementation planning; progress monitoring & reporting to sponsor and Exec; identification, and management of risks and issues to ensure delivery is on time; smooth transition to business and handover to BAU etc.
- Ability to implement any necessary changes throughout the process
- Delivery to include full closure of the project - including evaluating success and lessons learnt reporting
Why work in Warwickshire?
Warwickshire with its vibrant mix of towns and rural areas, heritage and culture and great connectivity remains one of the fastest growing commercial regions in the UK. The County Council’s vision is squarely aimed at making Warwickshire the best it can be, sustainable now and for future generations
Why work for us?
Working at the Council means your work impacts throughout Warwickshire. You will be able to apply your knowledge and expertise in a way that matters to communities and helps Warwickshire to succeed and thrive. We are a Council that has a history of success and we take pride in delivering our services effectively, efficiently and to the best of our ability. We challenge ourselves to innovate and keep pace with the changing world around us. It is an exciting time to be a part of Warwickshire County Council. We will provide you with the support to learn, develop, and encourage you to be the best you can be.
In return we offer our pledge to you:
- Excellent opportunities for personal development and career progression.
- A clear and transparent pay structure linked to career progression and professional development.
- Other great benefits include generous annual leave, including bank holiday allowances and an extra day.
- All this and the opportunity to work in Warwickshire with its excellent transport links and beautiful countryside makes for an excellent package.
If you are keen to be part of this ambitious and dynamic service, please contact Jane Tarver Delivery Lead Portfolio Management Office by email@example.com or telephone on 01926 412445
The positions are offered as Full Time but applicants wishing Part Time work will be considered
Closing Date: 28th February 2021
To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'Apply' button.
Our method of application is online, please note, CV’s should not be submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application demonstrates that they meet the criteria for the post. This means the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact email@example.com and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. Would particularly welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from the BAME community, people with a disability and people from the LGBT+ Community.