37.0 Hours per Week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our friendly and professional team.
You will be working within a challenging and fast paced environment. In this key role, you will be the first point of contact for Solihull School clients, answering a full range of payroll queries and providing accurate and high quality information.
As a Payroll Administrator, you will:
- Maintain HR and payroll information, to ensure clients are paid accurately and on time.
- Manage transactional processes such as new starters, contract changes and termination of employment.
- Develop excellent relationships with your clients to deliver a customer focused service.
- Undertake payroll processing and checking of payroll outputs.
- Deliver training and support to clients on Pay & HR processes.
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive experience in a payroll processing and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
You will also need:
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- An in-depth knowledge and experience of current HMRC regulations.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of using payroll/HR databases.
- Experience of providing a customer focused service.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
In return, we will offer you:
- A generous leave entitlement (which rises with continuing service), including the potential for flexi leave up to 24 days per year.
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days' annual leave per year.
- A range of flexible and agile working options. The Council is currently developing a “Smarter Ways of Working” strategy exploring how home working could be maximised.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
- Attractive staff discounts and benefits.
- A career average pension scheme.
In addition to all of this, we also provide excellent career development and support to undertake the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP), to further enhance your payroll knowledge.
To apply, please click the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Julie Grant, Pay & HR Administration Team Leader on 0121 704 6683.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 18 March 2021.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our interview process is kept under constant review and alternatives to face to face interviews such as video conferencing / virtual interviews may be required. The interview process for this role will be confirmed upon shortlisting based on the guidance at that time and shortlisted candidates will be informed and advised accordingly.
Please note we do not accept CVs. Previous applicants need not apply.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification