Family Front Door Safeguarding Vacancies
Do you love working with children and young people?
Are you looking for a new challenge or change?
Do you want to further develop your social work career and knowledge working with permanent experienced colleagues and line managers?
Do you want to work in an environment where equality and diversity is recognised, promoted and practiced?
Then Worcestershire Children First needs to be your next move!
We have the following vacancies in our Family Front Door:
The Initial Contact and Referral Team are the first point of contact for professionals and family where there may be a safeguarding concern for a child. This Team progress referrals into social care and undertakes a range of multi-agency activity including request for information, progressing new information on open cases and holding MASH Meetings.
The Peripatetic Social Work Team are a small team that will undertake a range of social work interventions and activities across the service. This would include working in a range of different teams to undertake specific tasks for varied durations based on the teams need. This requires the social worker to be adaptable and proficient in a range of statutory duties as they will be required to move across the range of teams in the service including Locality, Through Care (LAC) and the Initial Safeguarding Team.
- Team Manager -Initial Contact and Referral Team
- Initial Screening and Contact Officer (ISCO)
- Social worker – Initial Contact and Referral Team.
- Peripatetic Social Worker
Initial Safeguarding - Assessment Teams
The Initial Safeguarding Team carry out assessments under s17 and s47 CA1989 when a new referral is made into Childrens Social Care. This team also undertake some court work on newly allocated cases where immediate action is required to safeguard a child. This Team progress case work to ICPC/ CIN or first hearing.
- Positive outcomes Project (POP) Practice Educator
For more information please see individual job specifications.
Call Group Manager Ammanda Walsh if you would like to discuss a job opportunity in
MASH 01905 843 638.
Or Group Manager Tori Lynch for a job opportunity in the Initial Safeguarding-Assessment Teams 01905 843 041.
You will be supported by and working with a stable management group in teams where the culture of ‘team’ being a supportive learning environment is embedded with regular supervision, manageable caseloads and regular team meetings as well as a comprehensive training offer in partnership with the social work academy.
We know how important this is in achieving forward thinking and progressive social work practice where children and young people experience a great consistent and responsive service and our partners have trust and confidence in us.
When completing our online application form please let us know at the start of your personal statement which role you are interested in so we can ensure that your application reaches the correct individual and is put forward to the right opportunity. Please ensure that you consult the correct supporting documents as these will detail the required essential qualification/s for each opportunity.
- The ISCO role offers a salary of up to £23,167 based on a 35hr week position.
- The Team Manager role offers a salary of up to £52,186 plus a £3,000 welcome payment**
- The Practice Educator roles offers a salary of up to £38,890
- The social work roles offer a salary of up to £41,728 plus a welcome payment of up to £3,000* with a relocation package of up to £10,000 for eligible applicants.
We would very much like to hear from you if any of these positions interest you. Please do not hesitate to apply via the application button here.
Closing date: 23rd March 2021
Interview dates: TBC
*Salary includes £4,000 market forces and £3,000 annual retention payment, T&Cs apply for both welcome and retention payments apply
** Salary includes the annual £3,000 retention payment
- Initial Assessment Social Worker Role Profile This will open in a new window
- Initial Contact Social Worker Role Profile This will open in a new window
- ISCO Job Description & Person Specification This will open in a new window
- Peripetatic Social Worker Role Profile This will open in a new window
- POP Practice Educator Job Description This will open in a new window
- POP Practice Educator Person Specification This will open in a new window
- Team Manager Role Profile This will open in a new window