4 days left
Hours per week: 36.5, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Featherstone Primary School
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 0121 675 9740
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking to employ an efficient and friendly administrative assistant to work in our busy school office. You will be the first point of contact at the school and will therefore be a vital part of the team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within schools and must have a strong administration background.
Duties will include:
• Be the first point of contact for pupils, parents, visitors and external enquiries
• General administrative duties including word processing, data entry, filing and photocopying
• Co-ordinating and maintaining accurate records on the school systems (SIMS, ParentPay, Groupcall).
If you have the following, we would love to hear from you:
• The ability to communicate in a warm and professional manner with parents and visitors both in person and on the telephone
• The ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
• The ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and cope with many interruptions
• Good ICT skills including Microsoft Office. Knowledge of SIMS would be desirable
• A positive, "can do" attitude and the ability to work as part of a team but also willing to use own initiative
• The ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
• Have a good understanding of safeguarding and data protection.
We can offer you:
• A friendly and well-motivated staff team who work collaboratively to meet the needs of all pupils
• Professional development
• An attractive and well- resourced school.
The role is term time only, working 39 weeks of the year, and this is reflected in the pro rata salary.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Unfortunately, due to the current lockdown we are unable to offer informal visits to the school at this time. However, please do explore the school website which is full of information about the school.
Closing Date: 5 March 2021, 12 midday
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Completed applications to be emailed to: email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer