Family Support Worker - George Betts Primary Academy
We are seeking to appoint a committed Family Support Worker to join our successful, dedicated and supportive Wellbeing Team to build effective relationships and provide exceptional support for our vulnerable pupils and families.
Key responsibilities include:
Under the guidance from the DSL, engage with vulnerable families in order to formulate a package of support.
- Assist the DSL in identifying and providing consistent support to all vulnerable pupils, responding appropriately to individual pupil needs.
- To attend meetings, home visits and conference meetings with external agencies, representing the academy, demonstrating professionalism in terms of approach, advice and positioning.
- As directed by the DSL, liaise professionally with external agencies such as Housing, NSPCC, Social Care, Inclusion Support, Attendance & Production Service, Action for Children and the Health Visiting Team.
- To maintain record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures in place in school including, My Concern (safeguarding software), Early Help System (eCAF), action plans, holistic support plans, conduct logs, sessions notes, meeting minutes and case studies under the direction of the DSL.
- Assist the DSL in processing Multi-Agency Referral Forms (MARF referrals) as required.
- Achieve the highest standards of safeguarding.
The successful applicants will be committed, highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to demonstrate the following qualities required to be effective in this important role; friendly, fair, proactive, confident, calm and positive.
Candidates must have previous experience within the field of education and social services/welfare including knowledge of processing MARF referrals and completing child protection logs.
The Federation of George Betts and Shireland Hall Primary Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and behave in a way, which reflects this. Appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including a Barred List check, Disclosure and Barring Service check and references.
Application packs are available from Jay Handley at email@example.com Application forms should be returned to Jay Handley by e-mail or at the address below no later than Sunday 21st March 2021 at 4pm.
Jay Handley, HR Manager, George Betts Primary Academy, West End Avenue, Smethwick B66 1RE
Interviews due to take place Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st March 2021
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
22.5 (3 days per week) Term time plus training days (39 weeks)
George Betts Primary Academy, West End Avenue, Smethwick B66 1RF
Sunday 21st March 2021 at 4pm
Special Conditions: Fixed Term until 31st August 2021 specific purpose contract to develop and identify support/services for children and families.Supporting documents
Safer Recruitment Policy
Local Safeguarding Policy