Deputy Head Teacher - Ref: TV40120
Chuckery Primary School
Deputy Head Teacher
Salary £55,338 - £61,166 (L12 – L16)
The Governors of the Cadmus Federation and Chuckery Primary School are seeking to appoint an ambitious, inspirational leader from September 2021.
The Head teacher is seeking to appoint a leader with all of the above but who will be able to use both their understanding of how children learn and how staff can be supported to reflect on and develop their own practice.
The staff are seeking a leader who is approachable, knowledgeable and supportive while the children and their parents want a leader who knows them and is interested in who they are.
The successful candidate will join the school’s collegiate leadership team of senior and middle leaders to become an integral part of the ongoing school improvement process. They will be involved in all aspects of the development of our school with a specific focus on developing teaching and learning across the school as well as leading the mathematics curriculum.
We need someone who:
- has a passion and enthusiasm for the education of all children
- demonstrates enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility and a committed approach to school improvement
- has the skill to be an effective team builder who is dynamic and an inspiration to others
- has the necessary skill, experience and ability to lead a core subject across the Primary Phase
- shares our commitment to working in partnership with parents, governors our federation and the wider community
- has the ability to contribute significantly to our ongoing improvement journey
- has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- has a commitment to inclusive education
In return we can offer
- a commitment to your professional development including release time and funding to achieve your ambitions
- a well-resourced school
- an enthusiastic staff
- eager, responsive and well-behaved children supported by a community who are committed to their success
- the support of our wider group of schools that form the Cadmus Federation
Socially distanced informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed. (Subject to lockdown restrictions.) Please contact the school office on 01922 449104 to book an appointment to come see our fantastic school for yourself
Closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 19th March 2021.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted via email within 10 working days of the closing date.
Chuckery Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Application forms and further details are available from the school office. If you wish to receive an application pack please contact the school office on: 01922 449104 or by emailing email@example.com