Support Worker - Children Residential Home
First Blue is a dynamic, innovative, and ambitious group of dedicated individuals who wish to create beautiful homes in which young people who have fallen upon unfortunate times can thrive. We employ caring individuals who share our vision for success and most importantly we aspire to create amazing memories for our young people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and keen to develop an inclusive workforce were people feel they belong. We hope to attract applications from under- represented groups including people from different cultures, nationalities, socio economic backgrounds, ages, disabilities, religion, faith, sex orientation, childcare responsibilities and with gender diverse identities.
About the Role
Excellent opportunity for enthusiastic candidates to join the team in one of our children’s residential homes. We are a rapidly expanding organisation and are offering a very competitive salary plus benefits including a quality bespoke training package and generous remuneration for sleep-in shifts. We specialise in supporting Children and Young People who have suffered early life trauma, neglect or abuse and may display challenging behaviours.
The main duties of this role include:
- To work as a member of the team to provide young people with a variety of activities, support, care and guidance using a positive parenting model
- To follow guidance from the Team Leader and other senior colleagues to ensure the smooth day to day running of the home providing structure and appropriate boundaries for the young people in our care
- To have a flexible approach to shift patterns which may sometimes require changes to rota at short notice
- To ensure that all risks are safely managed in line with the company policies and procedures
- To undertake an in-depth quality and bespoke training package
- To act as an advocate for the young person whilst using a positive parenting model
- To attend staff meetings and be proactive in developing and improving the service model
What we are looking for:
- Someone with the passion to work with our young people and provide them with a positive parenting model
- Someone who can help create a real family environment for our young people
- Someone who has the desire to improve our young people’s lives and enable a better future for them
- Someone who is resilient and understanding
- Someone who is computer literate with the ability to work in a paperless environment
In return we offer:
- Salary of £19,200 to £19,500, depending on qualifications and experience
- Generous sleep-in rate of £70.47 per night (average 6-8 per month)
- Continuous training and professional development , Discretionary Funded Training Programs
- A friendly working environment open and honest culture
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays, pro-rata
- Industry leading training programme including access to level 3 qualifications, children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment and mental health
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career within our range of services.
If you would like to work for a professional and passionate company who has the interests of their children/young people and employees at heart. If you have personal passion and drive to make the difference to the lives of children and young people, then please apply today!
First Blue is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Your online application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification. For more information or assistance during the application process, please visit our website or call our recruitment team (08000472305)
First Interview date: TBC
Second Interview Date: TBC
Due to current Government advice and guidelines regarding Covid19 all our interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
We advise to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this opportunity might be filled before the stated closing date.