Group Manager - Sufficiency & Place Planning
Group Manager – Sufficiency and Place Planning
Reporting to: Director or Education and Early Help
Salary: £53,519 - £56,706
A good education for all children and young people is one of our WCF values. To achieve this we are dependent on education places being available for children at the right time and in the right place.
We are recruiting to this exciting leadership and management opportunity to deliver the strategic objectives of the Worcestershire Education and Skills Strategy for education places through our 5 year programme of education place planning.
Do you have the experience, skills, knowledge and leadership attributes to;
- Maintain a clarity of forecasting for places and produce district level plans
- Coordinate and identify funding sources and requirements for financial planning for capital programmes
- Work with colleagues across WCF, WCC, DfE, other LA’s and education stakeholders to plan provision, programme coordination of change
- Identify and secure income opportunities for capital contributions
- Further our plans to respond to secondary places in Worcester City
- Confirm our specialist provision requirements and lead developments
The successful candidate whilst needing to have excellent analysis and programme planning skills along with an understanding of education place planning processes and requirements will also need to have creative attributes, problem solving skills and excellent communication and collaborative approaches.
The postholder will lead an experienced team of analysts and project managers but importantly will need to proactively work across education and early help, resources and wider stakeholders to deliver all aspects of place planning and the maintenance of sufficiency of these places keeping children and young people at the heart of the work.
This post reports directly to the Director for Education and Early Help and will work closely to the Director of Resources and corporate landlord senior managers of the WCC.
To apply please follow the below link to the application form:
Closing date: 09/03/2021