Behaviour Recovery Room Coordinator - Charlton School
Behaviour Recovery Room Coordinator
Location: Charlton School (Part of the Learning Community Trust)
Contract type: Term time plus 5 PD days 37 hours a week
Salary: NJC Scale 3 points 5 & 6 (£16,466 to £16,795)
Charlton School is looking to recruit a Behaviour Recovery Coordinator to join our friendly and enthusiastic student support team. They will help to provide specialist support for students, identified by staff as needing extra behavioural support, as well as support throughout the School curriculum, which individuals find challenging. Also, they will help to provide support, for students who may have additional educational needs.
Are you committed to the development and achievement of students?
Do you take a creative approach when interacting with young people?
We are looking for applicants who are:
• Patient, with a calm and enthusiastic approach to learning
• Have the confidence to support stimulating and educational activities with young people
• Have the skills to be able to build and encourage confidence in our young people
• Can provide our young people with both the ability and skills, to allow them to take responsibility for their own personal learning
The role itself will involve being supportive towards students and offering stimulating and challenging differentiation of work. There will be the need to supportive within the classroom and the role may occasionally require some class supervision.
The role will involve the successful individual to:
• Help develop strategies to improve both the learning and behaviour of any identified students
• Support students when they are reintegrated back into mainstream lessons, after a period of respite
• Provide academic and pastoral mentoring for specific students identified the by the SENCO in order to raise self-esteem and confidence
• Develop a 1:1 mentoring relationship with identified students needing support to meet deadlines and help improve predicted grades
• Supervise students who are not attending all lessons for a variety of reasons
• Liaise with subject teachers of identified students to organise work when necessary
• Organise, when appropriate, support with extra-curricular activities for disaffected students in order
• to raise their self-esteem and encourage them to co-operate with others
Experience of working in a similar environment, behavioural unit, PRU etc would support any individual’s application.
Our school is an equal opportunity employer, so we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and individuals. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Closing Date: 12 noon 5th March 2021
Application form (included in candidate pack), candidate pack and further information is available from clicking on the links below or via the school website www.charlton.uk.com . Please return completed application forms to email@example.com
Alternatively, you may contact Cathy McGilvery firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01952 386806.Supporting documents
Job Description for Behaviour Recovery Room Manager.docx
Support Staff Application Pack BRR.docx