School Medical Officer - George Salter Academy
3 days left
Temporary (until July 2021)
George Salter Academy is a friendly, happy and vibrant 11-18 Academy, serving a multi-cultural community, rich with ethnic and linguistic diversity.
We are seeking to appoint a professional and enthusiastic School Medical Officer to supervise the COVID testing arrangements and oversee the academy’s First Aid and whole school medical provision.
This varied and important role will require the successful candidate to:
- Supervise the testing process arrangements within the academy
- Oversee the First Aid provision and whole school medical provision
- Oversee provision for pupils with Individual Health Plans
- Conduct interventions with pupils relating to physical or welfare issues
- Administer the Health and Safety/accident log
- Run vaccination programmes with the LA School nurse teams
- Ensure adequate provisions for First Aid are available and organise staff First Aid training
A Nursing qualification and experience of working in a school environment is desirable, but not essential.
For further details and an application form, please visit the Academy’s website www.georgesalter.com or contact Sarah Davies via email at email@example.com. All application forms should be emailed to Sarah Davies by the closing date/time.
George Salter Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
30 hours per week (9am – 3pm, Monday – Friday) Term-time only
Salary Admin 2 - £21,738 (pro-rata)
George Salter Academy, Davey Road, West Bromwich B70 9UW
Friday 5th March 2021 @ 12:00 noon