Deputy Headteacher - St Gregory's Catholic Academy
The Board of Directors are seeking to appoint a committed, practicing Catholic to support the headteacher and strengthen the leadership of our outstanding teaching school as it prepares for the next phase of its development. The successful candidate should be able to articulate a vision for Catholic education, provide a record of successful leadership and demonstrate a clear understanding of collaboration within a multi-academy company (MAC).
The ideal candidate will :
- Play a key role in contributing to the Catholic life of the academy through devotion to their own faith, and by engaging with all representatives within the parish and local community
- Be an excellent teacher with experience of supporting and improving teacher performance
- Possess excellent inter-personal skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Be aspirational, with an uncompromising commitment to improving outcomes for all children.
- Demonstrate the ability and determination to adapt and broaden curriculum opportunities for children, with a clear understanding and awareness of the needs and challenges of disadvantaged pupils
- Make a significant contribution to the professional development of staff, drawing on their knowledge of key research
- Work effectively as a member of the school team, influencing decision-making and shaping policies by engaging with staff, pupil, parents, governors and parishioners.
- Provide a successful record of effective leadership in more than one key stage.
Experience or knowledge of working across a MAC is desirable, but not essential.
We will offer the successful candidate:
- Ongoing high-quality professional development opportunities for leadership growth
- Opportunities to engage with colleagues through a range of projects which will influence school practice and the wider educational landscape
- A warm welcome from enthusiastic children who are well behaved with a positive attitude to learning.
- Friendly and committed staff who are supportive, open to new ideas and keen to continue to develop professionally
- Supportive and committed governance at all levels
- High quality leadership CPD, including opportunities to work across the MAC and the teaching school.
Interested applicants are warmly welcomed and encouraged to visit the school, by prior arrangement. Please contact Mrs Helen Ruscoe 01782 882961 or email@example.com to arrange an appointment to visit the school.
Closing date: Monday 15th March 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday 17th March 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 22nd March 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and barring Service (DBS) check. The MAC operates a Safer Recruitment policy.
To request an application pack, or to arrange a visit, please contact Mrs H Ruscoe, MAC Central team, firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details are available on our website: www.stgca.org.uk