Mental Health Team Manager
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunitiesWhat is the job role?
This is a unique opportunity to join the management team for Mental Health Services in Coventry due to the retirement of the current post holder. We require a Team Manager to support the rehabilitation needs of citizens and families experiencing acute, chronic and enduring mental health distress.
As an experienced manager you will be jointly leading a very busy Multi-Disciplinary Team based at the Tile Hill Health Centre in the South of Coventry. The Team works with people experiencing chronic and enduring non-psychotic type mental disorders across Coventry and is driven by the principles of promoting independence, recovery, strength based self-directed personalised support and social inclusion. Mental Health Teams in Coventry work across all age groups and are designed to support specific ‘clusters’ of mental disorders rather than divisions by age or location.
The Team is multi-agency and works in partnership with Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust under a Section 75 agreement and comprises of Consultant Psychiatrists and Psychologists, Community Psychiatric Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Approved Mental Health Professionals, Social Workers, Community Care Workers, Support Workers and Administration.
You will form part of a Management Team with Health colleagues and your specific responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of Social Care staff
- Chairing of Safeguarding meetings
- Chairing of allocation meetings
- Duty Manager.
- Leading investigations under the NHS Serious Incident Framework.
- Leading investigations into complaints.
- Recruitment of staff
- Human Resources related issues including Health and Safety
- Delegated responsibilities for Community Care Purchasing
- Acting as AMHP Duty Lead on a rota basis
- Be a practicing AMHP and performing AMHP duties on a rota basis
- Signatory for Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Authorisations.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
You will have excellent organisational and communication skills, the ability to problem solve, assess and manage risk, have excellent partnership working skills and be able to support health and social care colleagues and work to tight deadlines.
The role is demanding and the ability to prioritise and plan work is crucial. To help support you in the role, we have a comprehensive training programme and provide both managerial and professional governance supervision.
We are very supportive teams and truly embrace working in an integrated way. We offer excellent support, encourage professional growth and development through multi-disciplinary working and regular professional supervision.
If you are a good team player, looking for job satisfaction and a challenge then why not contact Simon McGarry General Manager for an informal chat on 024 7696 1209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date(s): Thursday 1st April 2021Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks