COG Team Manager
Job title: COG Team Manager
Do you have a clear vision of how you can improve the lives of children and young people?
Yes? Then you may be just the fit we are looking for;
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for a COG Team Manager, we are looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
Since the Trust’s inception in April 2018 our fabulous teams have won awards for Community Cohesion (The Teamwork Programme) and Youth Justice of the Year Award at the UK wide 2019 Shine a Light Awards (Sandwell Youth Offending Service). Our Staff Award events highlight the amazing work delivered by our dedicated individuals and teams and gives us a chance to show our appreciation to all who are on this improvement journey with us.
The Trust has recently secured funding from the Department of Education which will enable us to bring our ’12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’ to life, particularly around learning & development in offering development opportunities for all staff. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
As a new Trust we are agile, we understand where we are in our journey, our recent Ofsted monitoring visits reported;
- Sandwell Children’s Trust knows itself well.
- Management oversight has improved
- The workforce is increasingly stable; continued to attract and retain staff.
- Recruited additional agency staff above its established workforce, recognising the need to reduce caseloads
- The social workers talked to all spoke positively about working for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
- Progress has been made in ensuring that the first response to families and children in need is timely
What can Sandwell offer?
At the heart of England with excellent transport links, Sandwell offers a wealth of amenities to enhance your work life balance. With house prices lower than the national average and an ever-developing infrastructure, living in Sandwell is an attractive prospect for many.
Not only this but with an abundance of history, culture, arts, shopping and sporting venues to enjoy PLUS the development of venues for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, Sandwell really is an exciting place to be right now.
The COGs are busy, vibrant teams within the Targeted Early Service that offers family support within the locality. The team have good working relationships with partners and offer a truly multi-agency way to improving the situation for families in Sandwell.
The post holder will be responsible for: -
- The effective management and co-ordination of early help support provided to children and families within the locality.
- Oversight and responsibility of all casework within the locality.
- Providing effective case supervision to all early help workers in the locality ensuring compliance with the Trust’s operational protocols.
- Chairing and effective management of COG meetings, ensuring all work is effectively assessed, allocated and monitored.
- Working with Partners in the locality to improve outcomes for children and families.
You will need to have: -
- A professional qualification
- Substantial experience of working in Children’s Services.
- Experience in child protection and working with large and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experience of supervising staff, together with the ability to motivate, support and lead.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Calm and clear thinking under pressure.
If you have any questions, or would like to know more about the role or simply would like an informal chat please do not hesitate to contact Kate Griffiths, Service Manager on 07971 866 485.
To apply please click on the apply button below.
An Enhanced DBS is required for this position.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 2nd March 2021Supporting documents
My Employee Benefits