Part Time Teacher Vacancy- Ref TV40420
Short Heath Federation
Part Time Teacher Vacancy- Ref TV40420
3 Days, 15 hrs per week. M1-UPS3
Our Federation offers a unique opportunity for the very best teachers to work in a single phase school, as well as the chance to work alongside colleagues from other phases, in order to enhance your professional development.
We are now entering a really exciting phase in our Federation’s development, as we are the West Walsall Nurture Hub, leading in schools on developing Restorative Practice, active members of the Attachment Research Community, working collaboratively on delivering Autism Education Trust training and continuing to develop our Specialist learning provisions in response to an increased number of children with specific additional needs!
We are also just going into the third phase of our expansion to three form entry (with a building project on its way). This is great news for our current staff and for you!
We can offer more opportunities for career development over time and more CPD than ever before! We are a fully inclusive school and enjoy the challenge of meeting the needs of every child in a unique way. Our practice is recognised as exceptional.
Government have announced funding so that we can provide tuition (either 1:1 or in small groups) to support those of our children who need the most help in addressing gaps in their learning as a result of time out of school due to Covid19. Our children deserve the very best teachers to help them with this.
Days worked are negotiable and the contract will be offered on a 3 days @ 5 hours a day, fixed term basis for the summer term to 21/08/2021. We are keen of course that, if you are joining us, you become a full part of our team.
If you are an energetic, enthusiastic and outstanding teacher, we want you at Short Heath Federation. You will inspire our children, ensuring they make good progress and enjoy learning. You might have just qualified, be in the early stages of your career or an experienced teacher. Your specialism may be in EYFS, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2. Specialisms in SEN and SEMH would be an advantage, but we’ll give lots of training anyway.
- be an inspirational teacher;
- create an irresistible learning experience for every single child;
- believe that all behaviour is communication of an unmet need;
- believe that ‘every day, in every way, everyone matters’;
- love working as part of a team;
- be a courageous, innovative teacher who’s not afraid to try something new and learn from that;
- be a reflective practitioner, adapting your practice in response to children’s changing needs;
- support our Federation Christian ethos.
We can offer:
- a tailor-made induction programme (whatever your career stage) including opportunities for developing practice in our own and other schools in Walsall;
- a personalised professional development plan;
- a career coach;
- Local Authority staff well-being programme;
- an exciting opportunity for extensive professional development across a federation of schools, working with good and outstanding teachers and a range of specialist practitioners in all phases;
- laptop and iPad;
- discounted childcare;
- ongoing weekly professional development meetings;
- the support of a leading practitioner and 6 specialist leaders of education spread across all phases;
- the best children and families;
- opportunities to shadow other colleagues, learning from the best;
- supportive, fun, dedicated, creative and talented colleagues;
- opportunities to support colleagues in a range of settings;
- an exceptionally strong Governing Body;
If you can see yourself being part of our team and our exciting future, you can download an application pack from our website - www.shortheathfederation.org.uk .
Email Cathy Draper, Executive Headteacher (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want more information.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00 noon on Monday 15th March 2021, with interviews being held week beginning 22nd March 2021.
We are keen to appoint quickly, so that we can quickly give our children the help they need.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, keeping children safe in education and promoting British Values in school, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to 2 satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check, and proof of the Right to Work in the UK.Supporting documents
Information Teacher Post FEB 2021.pdf
Job Description & Person Specification - Teacher 2020.pdf