Science Support Officer - Blessed William Howard Catholic High School
Science Support Technician – Full time / Part Time
Grade 5 - £19,698 pro rata per annum – Term time only
We are delighted to advertise an excellent opportunity to join our professional support team for an enthusiastic Science Support Technician at our highly successful College from September 2020. The post is term-time only.
The successful candidate will provide a technical support service to the Science department, have experience in providing classroom support including the preparation of materials and equipment, and assisting with practical lessons.
About the role:
- You will help ensure the effective delivery of all science experiments from KS3 to KS5
- Ensure that the department is compliant with all health and safety regulations
- You will support the department with data handling
- Help to develop the learning environment to aid in teaching and learning
- Working pattern 8am to 4pm. Full time or part time hours available.
- Previous experience of a similar role desirable
- Grade C/4 in Maths & English and excellent communication/administrative skills are essential
- Applications from all faiths, and none, are equally welcome
Find out more on our jobs page – www.bwh.staffs.sch.uk
APPLICATION DEADLINE – Monday 15 March 2021 at 9am
Why Blessed William Howard?
- A Christian community with a caring, secure and disciplined environment.
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities and staff activities.
- High academic standards.
- A commitment to success for all.
- Ongoing CPD for all staff including a bespoke CPD programme.
- Individual career planning.
- Leadership opportunities after Year 1.
“There is a warm atmosphere and the quality of relationships between all members of the school community are a particular strength. Pupils and staff are friendly, helpful, polite and welcoming to visitors.” Diocesan Section 48 Report (December 2017)
Informal enquiries, further details and application forms from Mrs Collins, Office Services Manager on 01785 244236 or email@example.com All applications should be returned to Mrs Collins.
The position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions. Further details regarding this check are available by visiting www.gov.uk/dbs This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Blessed William Howard is proud to be part of the Painsley Catholic Academy, A company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales with company number 08146661. Registered Office Address: Station Road, Cheadle, Staffordshire ST10 1LH. Telephone: 01538 714944
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.bwh.staffs.sch.uk