Special Education Needs Support Worker (Longford Primary Academy)
Working Hours: 26 Hours per week, Term Time only
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract - Linked to Pupil
Longford Primary Academy are looking to appoint an experienced Special Education Needs Support Worker.
The successful candidate must have experience of working within a school and have experience of working with children with significant needs.
The candidate should be working at NVQ level 2 or equivalent and have GCSE’s in English and Maths. Experience of Makaton, SCERTS and PECS would be an advantage.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be child-centred in their approach
- Demonstrate experience of working with children with significant needs
- Be able to support the child in line with their long, medium and short term targets as set out in their Education Health Care Plan
- Work alongside the class teacher to ensure that the child is included within all aspects of daily provision
- Contribute to the writing of support plans alongside the class teacher and SENCO and implement and evaluate the impact of these plans.
- Deliver a range of strategies/interventions as discussed with the SENCO to promote progress
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate.
- Provide feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
- Good communication skills, organised and flexible
- Share information about pupils with other staff, parents/ carers, internal and external agencies, as appropriate
- Support the use of technology across the curriculum.
- Be driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated
We offer you an academy with:
- A community approach, with a focus on whole school improvement
- A dedicated, hardworking and able team
- Happy, enthusiastic and wonderful children to work with
- A friendly, supportive, hard-working environment where everyone is valued
- A strong, effective and experienced Senior Leadership Team
- Excellent support and CPD opportunities
- Exciting links and joint professional development with St Bart’s Multi-Academy Trust partner Academies
For further information please see our school website.
Closing date: Thursday 18 March 2021 at 12pm, with interviews taking place on Tuesday 23 March 2021.
For more information, please contact Louise Lawrence on
Tel: 01543 227410 or