Personal Assistant to Chief Executive
37.0 Hours per Week
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with proven Management/Executive level Personal Assistant experience looking to take the next step in their career.
- You will be working within a well-run Local Authority providing essential services to its vibrant communities.
- An opportunity to work at the heart of the organisation and establish new ways of working alongside a passionate and dedicated Chief Executive.
- Work in partnership with a high performing Executive PA team across the organisation.
- A fascinating, fast-paced and varied role; each day will be different.
The Role? As Personal Assistant you will:
- Provide high level, professional management, project and personal assistant support to the Chief Executive.
- Act as the interface between the Chief Executive and a wide range of contacts, both internal and external and at all levels across the Council (including elected members).
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Chief Executive’s priorities and ways of working in order to effectively support workflow and output.
- Be proactive in ensuring continuous improvement in all office processes and systems.
You? To be successful in the role of Personal Assistant to Solihull Council’s Chief Executive you will have significant experience of:
- PA support at a managerial level.
- Complex diary management.
- Building and maintaining professional engagement and interaction with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Organising and managing high levels of competing demands and conflicting priorities.
- Confidently using systems, applications and software (MS Office or similar) for correspondence and to produce briefing documents, summaries and reports for senior management.
In return? Working for Solihull Council we offer you:
- An attractive salary.
- A range of flexible and agile working options.
- Generous leave entitlement (which rises with continuing service), including the potential for flexi leave up to 24 days per year.
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days’ annual leave per year.
- Family and Carer friendly policies.
- Attractive staff discounts and benefits.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
- A career average pension scheme.
Interested? To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Jane Tattam, Executive Assistant by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 704 8312.
Interviews will be held either week commencing 29 March 2021 or 5 April 2021 and will take place using a secure video conferencing platform.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person specification