Janitor - Streethay Primary School
Actual Salary: £4077.21 per year gross salary
Hours: Permanent, term time only, 10 hours per week – 2 hours per day. (Potential of overtime).
Streethay Primary School is a growing school at the heart of a new community in Lichfield. The school has been built as part of a large residential development and opened in September 2019. We are a small team with big ambitions; aiming to provide the best education locally and be known for our innovative approach.
We are part of a family of schools within Shaw Education Trust, in which primary, secondary and special schools, as well as an FE setting, work alongside one another to support the most positive outcomes for all pupils across the trust.
We wish to appoint a trustworthy and flexible janitor to start as soon as possible. You will work under the direction and instruction of the Headteacher to provide routine janitor tasks to support the effective operation of the school.
You will be required to:
- Unlock and secure premises at agreed times and maintain the key(s) in their possession for emergency call-out.
- Check that the heating and lighting systems are operating satisfactorily and checking their efficiency with regard to energy conservation.
- Check fire and/or security alarms are working satisfactorily.
- Ensure that premises are in a safe, tidy and satisfactory condition prior to use.
- Maintain vigilance for Health and Safety concerns in and around the building including checking outside area for broken glass etc and disposing appropriately.
- Maintain the cleanliness and professionalism of the school premises in order to ensure a safe and clean environment.
- Experience of working in a related discipline.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Has a professional and respectful approach which demonstrates support and shows mutual respect.
- Is committed to the needs of the pupils, parents and other stakeholders and can provide efficient and effective service.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude around school.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to relate well to a wide range of people.
- Work constructively as part of a team whilst being able to demonstrate initiative.
- Can prioritise and work to deadlines.
- You will be crucial to a small, professional team and will work as a collaborative team member delivering an excellent experience for our children.
As the school grows, the role has the potential to grow in duties and hours. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and flexible in their approach.
Our Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you have any questions ahead of making an application, please contact our school office on: 01543 396180 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10th March 2021 at 12noon
Interviews: Week commencing 15th March 2021
Start date: ASAP
Please forward completed application forms to email@example.com