Glynne Primary School is a two form entry community school with approximately 480 children including a maintained nursery. Our school motto is 'Aiming High' and we aim to achieve high standards by providing the very best education that we can. We offer a creative curriculum and place great value on art, music and PE as well as academic achievement. The social, moral, cultural and spiritual aspects of our curriculum are equally important and we are a 'Rights Respecting School' teaching the children about the UN Convention of Children's Rights.
Start date: April 2021
15:30 - 17:30 daily subject to change
Purpose of the Job
Cleaners are responsible for a wide range of cleaning duties and responsibilities, which include ensuring that areas of work allocated are cleaned to the required standard/specification, which would normally include the following:
1. Thoroughly cleaning areas to the required specification, as directed, using correct techniques and cleaning equipment.
2. Safe removal of litter and waste to allocated disposal points, taking particular care with liquids, broken glass or other substances, which may be unsafe to other staff or pupils.
3. Locking and unlocking windows and doors as directed.
4. Undertaking training in use of methods, materials and equipment, as instigated by your Supervisor.
5. Working safely using correct warning signs, protective clothing and safety equipment, being mindful of hazards to other staff and pupils. Compliance with the Health & Safety practices of the School.
6. Replenishing supplies of toiletries, plastic bags etc., as directed.
7. Ensuring all containers of cleaning agents are correctly labelled before use and are used safely and in compliance with manufacturers written instructions and that all chemicals are securely stored away when not in use.
8. Emptying vacuum cleaners and buffer vacuum bags at the end of each Cleaning and checking all equipment used after use, checking cables for wear and tear and storing away in a suitable safe area. Notifying supervisor of any faults found.
9. Ensure mops, cloths etc., are washed and left to dry as appropriate at the end of each session.
10. Reporting immediately to your Supervisor any defective electrical sockets, lighting, vandalism etc., in your cleaning area.
11. Ensuring Supervisor is aware of low stock levels of materials and equipment for which you are responsible.
12. Assist in keeping chemicals and cleaning materials and equipment storage areas in a clean and tidy condition.
13. Covering on a rota basis for absent colleagues when required, which may involve some change in hours/times.
14. Any other related duties, as directed by your Supervisor.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
*Dudley council has a contractual 3 days mandatory unpaid leave which, for the majority of services, are fixed at the Christmas period. This represents a pay deduction of 1.15% in return for which employees are afforded three days unpaid leave (pro-rata for part time staff).
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
For further information please contact Miss T Powell (Head Teacher) on 01384 816960 or via email to email@example.com.Supporting documents