Personal Assistant to Headteacher - Blue Coat Church of England School & Music College
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, confident Personal Assistant with excellent communication, administrative and interpersonal skills, who will play an important role in supporting the Headteacher to lead the school with maximum effectiveness.
The role will support the Headteacher through the provision of a confidential, professional, and efficient administrative service. This will include handling of highly sensitive, confidential and conflicting issues on a daily basis, dealing with staff, parents, governors and other external bodies along side managing the headteacher’s and senior team diaries.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience providing successful administrative support having worked closely with staff at senior leadership level
- Has exceptional communication, administration and interpersonal skills and be able to prepare correspondence, reports and minute meetings
- Ability to be proactive in managing multiple diaries and workload
- Excellent telephone manner and first class professionalism in meeting visitors
- Ability to adapt to changing situations, work early or late as required in this very demanding role
- Has a high level of knowledge and thorough understanding of ICT and Microsoft software packages
- Experience of using SIMS is desirable but full training will be given
Blue Coat Church of England School & Music College is a successful and oversubscribed large secondary school in the heart of the city of Coventry with a vision ‘Living life in all its fullness’. As a Church of England school, our intake draws from both the local area and across the city and surrounding areas. We are a member of Inspire Education Trust, a Coventry based multi-academy trust which sets out to provide an environment where both staff and students can thrive, and putting children at the heart of everything we do.
Why work for us?
A career at Blue Coat offers a rewarding future, with the opportunity to make a real impact on the lives and outcomes of our young people. We understand the importance of providing a supportive and nurturing workplace for our staff. Our ethos is that a happy staff will deliver the best possible experience to our students. As such, we offer a portfolio of benefits designed to enhance and support the working lives of our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
- A highly supportive and committed Senior Leadership Team
- An effective continuing professional development (CPD) programme, including personalised training sessions and opportunities for both internal and external training
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 confidential advice and support on a range of matters and access to accredited counsellors
- A focus on staff well-being and mental health including free counselling for staff, a full time chaplain, a Trust wellbeing group, strong relationships with Unions and a supportive working environment
- Time off during the school holidays (term time only role)
- Opportunity to join a committed and forward thinking team of support staff
- Employee Benefits programme providing staff access to a range of discounts and shopping vouchers.
How to apply
All applications must be received electronically via our TES page: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/blue-coat-school-and-music-college-1000375
If you experience any problems with the online application process please contact TES directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about the post, please email email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Wednesday 17th March 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 24th March 2021
Terms and Conditions: Permanent, 37 hours per week, term time only (+ 4 weeks)
Actual Salary: £25,411 - £30,926 pro rata per annum
Full time equivalent salary: £27,041 – £32,910 per annum (Grade 6)
Required: From April 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter
Information for candidates
We aim to recruit the very best staff and welcome those from all backgrounds, communities and faiths (including non-faith individuals). We particularly welcome applications from those which are underrepresented in our workforce. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and male candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to vetting checks including an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.