Business Policy & Compliance Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Policy and Compliance Officer to join our Business Management Team within the Adult Social Care Health and Wellbeing Directorate.
This post will be responsible for assisting the Adult Social Care Health & Wellbeing Business Manager in facilitating the development and implementation of the directorate business plan and strategy. To facilitate and take responsibility for delivering business functions within multiple areas in order to deliver priorities as directed. Another key part of the role will be to support business matters and ensure compliance with directorate and corporate requirements across areas including policy development, performance and planning.
Essential requirements for the role include:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a complex environment in a local authority.
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Experience in working with Directors, Service Managers and senior managers in delivering the business objectives of the Directorate, to meet Sandwell MBC’s Corporate objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and the ability to take responsibility for your own workload.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high level of discretion.
- Educated to a HND level or equivalent experience/knowledge.
For an informal discussion, please contact Anna Kaur on 07972 572891 or e-mail Anna_Kaur@sandwell.gov.uk
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit
37 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.orgSupporting documents
Information for Applicants