SEN Teaching Assistant Level 2
Fixed term contract
SEN Teaching Assistant Level 2 (KS2) 23.75 hours a week
Priors Field Primary School wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant who is passionate about working with pupils with additional needs in our caring and thriving school. You will work in a team with our innovative and aspirational staff.
We would like you to be:
- Ambitious, motivated and inclusive to support, and extend the learning opportunities for all our children under the direction of their class teacher.
- Be an excellent team player who has high expectations of themselves and others and is passionate about encouraging and stimulating children to achieve success.
- Committed to working in partnership with colleagues and parents to promote excellent learning opportunities for all our children.
We would like you to have:
- Experience of working with a child with ASD or willing to undertake training in cognition and learning and emotional mental health to understand needs further
- Have good communication skills and be able to co-ordinate a multi-agency approach involving the family
- An understanding about emotional regulation/emotion coaching and be able to manage anxieties and recognise emotions
- An understanding of sensory and attachment needs
- Knowledge of speech and language development
- An ability to encourage and build independence and social skills
- Knowledge of therapeutic play techniques
- Firm boundaries and clear expectations for behaviour in line with school policy
- A qualification or willingness to train in Positive Handling/Team Teach techniques
- Understanding of managing consistent routines through an individual, tailored timetable and supporting transition times
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
We can offer:
- Wonderful engaging children who love learning
- A supportive and collaborative team where everyone feels valued and team members are encouraged to contribute.
- A well-resourced school and learning environment
- An environmental area and forest school
This is a temporary position. Hours of work are 8.45am until 1.30pm, Monday to Friday.
23.75 hours per week @ TA2 (Term time only)
Additional Information & How to Apply
This is an important position in our school and we would love to meet you before you apply: please contact us to make an appointment to visit our school. We recognise that all visits will be undertaken with social distancing and following the government guidance for schools.
Please send applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Mrs Katie Gane, Headteacher, Priors Field Primary School, Clinton Lane, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 1BA. For further information please contact us on 01926 853015 or through our website;
Priors Field Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Thursday 18th March 2021 at 12.00pm
Assessment tasks and interviews: Wednesday 24th March 2021
Start date: As soon as possible or Summer Term 2021 (specific date TBC according to appointment)