Economic Regeneration Support Officer
Economic Regeneration Support Officer
Grade E: £21,748 - £24,491 per annum
Post No: DR357 – 37 Hours Per Week
Benefits to you:
- Casual Car User Allowance
- Payment of One Professional Fee per Annum
- Flexitime Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Council Leisure Centre Membership
- 22 days holiday increasing to 25 days after 5 years continuous service
- Cycle Scheme
- Free Car Parking
Cannock Chase is a place of heritage, strong local identities and vibrant communities. It is a District that is thriving, with record investment in the local economy, which is strengthening businesses and the range of facilities in the District.
At Cannock Chase Council, we are ambitious for the future. Our corporate priorities are ‘Promoting Prosperity’ and ‘Community Wellbeing’ and these are focused on improving the opportunities, wellbeing and quality of life of our communities. That means building on recent progress and making sure we can attract more opportunities for our local communities.
The McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Cannock, due to open in 2021, has the potential to transform the economy and reputation of the District, bringing investment, jobs and visitors to the area. Maximising the benefits of this opportunity is central as to how the District evolves in the future. Along with our award-winning parks and natural environments, vibrant leisure facilities, modern housing, excellent transport links and thriving business community, the future looks bright for Cannock Chase.
The Council is now looking for new talent to help deliver our prosperity agenda. It’s a really exciting time to join the Council as we are currently undergoing a significant period of growth and change.
If like us, making a difference to local communities is your passion too and you feel that you have the values, behaviours and skills to make a difference, then we would welcome your application.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, professional and committed individual to help support the delivery of a diverse and challenging workload of this busy section. Your role will be to assist and support colleagues by carrying out day-to-day support activities arising from the implementation of the Economic Prosperity Priority Delivery Plan. These activities will largely be business support and tourism related.
Further requirements for this role also include:
- Practical experience and understanding of working within an economic development environment.
- Fully conversant with IT systems (such as Microsoft Office) and be proficient in their application and use.
- Relevant knowledge and experience within local or regional economic regeneration sufficient to secure Associate Membership of the Institute for Economic Development (IED)
- An ability to work independently with minimal supervision, often to short deadlines.
- Availability to attend and contribute to occasional meetings outside of normal working hours.
- Access to an appropriate means of transport to access locations within the District and beyond.
- Able to attend meetings; this may require travel beyond the boundaries of the District.
- Able to maintain a professional disposition at all times.
- Flexible and comfortable working within a small team.
If you think you are the person we are looking for and would like further information, please contact Debbie Harris on 01543 464490.
To apply for this vacancy online please go to https://cannock.engageats.co.uk/welcome.aspx
Alternatively, please telephone 01543 462621 or write to HR Services, Cannock Chase Council, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1BG or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting post number DR357.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 19th March 2021.
THE COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER